32: Unnamed feelings

Note: Edited by Zia Westerman 14/4/2017

--

Planet: Earth

Location: Danger zone (ROGS hideout)

Derek walked through two large doors with four guards behind him.

In the past few days the pod Jewels arrived in all those years ago had begun to pulse with a faint purple glow and a beeping sound was coming from inside. ROGS scientists tried to understand why the pod was suddenly acting weirdly, but all attempts to open it failed.

"Any updates?" Derek stood before the platform where the pod was attached to several different machines. He looked to a woman with red hair, she shook her head and bit her bottom lip. "So you're telling me, I skipped an important meeting to come here when there has been no progress?"

"Sorry, sir, we just don't have enough power to do the tests I need ..." She turned to look at Derek and when she saw his eyes showing anger she swallowed hard. "We need test subject 509 again, her power was—"

"Well, we don't have her! Do we?" Derek runs a hand through his hair and releases a loud groan. "Amy, I'm really running out of patience with you, I asked you to find a way to turn this shit off and you failed to do so."

"I-I—ugh, it's alien! I don't know anything about it. Sir, it's nothing like the Borum's ships."

"Fine, just keep the signal contained. I have a feeling Jewels might be able to sense her pod if it doesn't get contained."

"Yes, sir."

Derek looked at the glowing pod, he pinched the bridge of his nose in frustration as he left the room, the doors closed and locked.

Two guards held a man by his arms and approached Derek, who smirked, and said, "Ah, you caught the little sneak, I see."

The man looked up at Derek, his curls falling in front of his face. "You," he spat. "What do you want?"

Derek walked over to the man and tucked his curly hair behind his ear with a smirk, and said, "I want you to spy for me."

"And why would I do that?"

"Because, Nathan," Derek leaned close to his ear, "because if you don't do what I say ... I'll kill your mummy."

"You wouldn't!"

"Don't test me, you know I am very capable of doing it and the best thing is," Derek ran his finger along Nathan's chest until he found his heart, "the best thing is, my dear, brother, you and I both know I wouldn't care."

Nathan frowned, looking Derek in his eyes. "You're the most heartless person I know and never call me your brother. You are no relative of mine."

"Ugh, take him out of my sight." Derek waved his hands to the guards. "Wait. Nathan, I'll make a deal with you."

"Alright, I'm listening."

******

Planet: Earth

Location: Camp Jameson

I sat on the edge of the bed while James was in the shower, the big light I now know as the sun, was rising in the sky. I could not shake a weird feeling deep inside of me, I could hear a beeping sound in my head. At first it was faint but now it had gotten louder, so loud my head was beginning to hurt.

I clutched the sides of my head trying to stop the noise but I could not stop it. "J-James," I called out and fell off the bed and onto the floor. "James!"

The bathroom door swung open, revealing a worried James. "What is it? Jewels?" In a matter of seconds he was kneeling beside me. "Hey," he picked me up and placed me back on the bed. "What's going on?"

"My head," I groaned closing my eyes. "Make it stop!"

"Jewels, you're scaring me." I felt his hand brush my cheek before I opened my eyes and looked up at him. The noise seemed to fade but the pain remained pulsing through my head. "You okay?"

I answered once the noise stopped altogether, although my head was still throbbing, "You did not hear that? It was a loud beeping noise." I held onto my head. "It feels like I have been hit by a woperian."

"I'll pretend I know what that is, but no, babe, I didn't hear anything." He helped me sit up as I rubbed my temples. "Come on, let's go see doc, he might be able to see what happened."

I nodded as he stood up and pulled me with him sliding an arm around my waist while I wrapped one over his shoulder for support. "My head hurts," I mumbled.

It did not take long until we entered the place of healing, James sat me down on a bed while Tom examined me.

"Almost done," he told me, shining a light into my eyes. At that very moment pain started to pulse through my head.

"It hurts!" I yelled, gripping the sides of my head with my hands, leaning forwards. I could hear the noise again but this time it was louder. "Turn it off!" I screamed. "It is too loud! Make it stop!" I could feeling myself falling forwards but I couldn't stop myself, suddenly James's grabs me and pulls me back on the bed.

"Tom! Do something!" James held me tightly.

"Put her on the—"

Unexpectedly the lights started flashing before going out altogether.

"I am coming for you, Jewels." That horrible voice spoke, sending shivers through my body. "Cherish the days you have left because soon they will come to an end."

When the lights turned back on, I was laying on a bed with a white blanket pulled over me. James was sitting on a chair close to the bed, his hand holding mine. When I moved his eyes opened and he studied my face.

"You have to stop scaring me like this, Jewels." He brings my hand to his mouth and kisses my knuckles. "What happened?"

I could not tell him.

"I do not know," I said and sat up with his help. "My head is feeling better."

"Yeah, doc gave you some pain killers," he explained with a worried expression on his face. "But you've got to take it easy."

I opened my mouth to speak but Brett burst into the building. "She's escaped!" he breathed heavily, running over to James, who turned around.

"Lucy, she's gone."

*** 

Next Chapter Update:

When this chapter reaches, 60 reads, 15 votes and 10 comments.