Johnny Cade Imagine

When people think of greasers, they think of emotionless and tough people raising hell through the city. But not my Johnny Cade. He's been through a lot. He tries to be as strong as possible, but sometimes it's okay to cry.

Johnny came running into my house, his face frozen with fear. His dark eyes were as cold as ice. He fell into my arms with no words spoken. I soon began to feel soft teardrops on my shoulders and I knew Johnny had cracked. I slowly helped him over to the couch and sat him down. He put his head in my lap so I couldn't gently play with his hair.

"Do you wanna tell me what happened, my love?" I cooed.

"It's all just getting too much. The socs, my parents, everything! I try to hold it all back, but sometimes I just can't. I'm a grease; I'm supposed to be tough, but here I am laying in my girlfriend's lap crying my eyes out. Pretty tuff, ain't I?" He laughed lightly at himself almost out of pity.

In the 4 years that I've known Johnny, I always knew there was more to him than being a grease. He has soft and gentle eyes and a quiet demeanor just screaming for love, but he tried his best to put on his strong face especially around the other boys.

"It's okay to cry my love. You've been to hell and back. You're not typical heartless greaser that you think you should be. No one is. Some just hide it better like Dallas and Steve, but you my love; you're different, you're special. You're sweet and quiet and you sometimes you can't hide your emotions and that's okay. That's normal. You don't have to hide your emotions to keep your image. There's not an image that you need to keep because all you are is a sweet and loving boy that doesn't wanna get jumped all the time. It's okay to let go of your emotions. I love you and I'll catch your emotions that you need to let go of. I'm always gonna be your shoulder to lean on," I said softly and rhythmically as if it were a lullaby.

"That's the thing though. I'm supposed to be your shoulder to lean on," he whimpered.

"And you are. I know I can go to you for anything and everything. I just want you to know that I'll do the same for you. You deserve it," I smiled at him once more and kissed his forehead.

He let out a content sigh and cuddled deeper into me. I continued to play with his hair as his breathing began to slow down and his heart beat became even.

This is the most relaxed I've ever seen my Johnny and I plan to keep it this way.

Author's note: I know I know I'm hella rusty. I haven't written anything in almost six months, but hopefully it'll come back to me! On another note I'll hopefully be starting "Wrong Sport Honey" and "One String Attached" very very soon so please keep an eye of for them!