Ilan Mitchell-Smith Imagine

You and Ilan have been best friends every since you were 5 and you couldn't imagine life without him. He was always so understanding but you don't know how well he's gonna understand your change. You've been picked on a lot growing up and especially throughout high school because of how shy and nerdy you are so you're starting out your junior year with a brand new attitude. You bought yourself a leather jacket and got some contacts and you were ready to show that you weren't one to be messed anymore.

First day of school rolled around and you showed up with a new sense of confidence. People were staring at you with shock and were giving you a new sense of respect. No one came up to you and tried to knock your books out of your hands or knock you into a locker like they have in the past.

You walked into your first period class already knowing that this year is gonna turn out so much better than all your prior years.

Lunch rolled around and you were gonna go find Ilan but he found you first.

"(Y/N)? What happened to you?" He asked shocked.

"I was tired of being messed with so I changed it up a bit," you shrugged.

"Oh my god. I can't believe you did this! You were perfect the way you were before!" He yelled.

"I wasn't fine before! If I was I wouldn't be shoved into lockers everyday!" You laughed.

"You were enough for me! Why couldn't that be enough?" He shot back.

"I was enough for you?" You whispered.

"You were more than enough for me," he replied pulling your chin to look at him.

You looked him in the eyes and figured out what you tried to hide for years. You were in love with him. You tried to hide because you thought you'd never be good enough for him but now he just said that you were.

You leaned up to him and kissed him deeply. At first he was frozen, in shock you think. He eventually snapped out of it and kissed you back. You smiled into the kissing finally getting what you always wanted.

He pulled back from the kiss and smiled at you.

"I thought I'd never be good enough for you," you admitted.

"You'd always been good enough for me," he smiled and kissed you once more.

Being good enough for Ilan is all that will ever matter to you from now on and you realized that you should've known that since the beginning.