John Cusack Imagine

You and John have been best friends since second grade, but now you're starting to think that may change. High school can be tough for anyone, but especially for you since your best friend got popular and, well, let's just say you like to keep to yourself. You'll see John around school with his football buddies messing around and you never really know if you should talk to him or not. He'll always send you that sweet smile that you fell in love with. Yes, fell in love with. You are completely and utterly in love with him, but you know you couldn't do anything about that so you kept it to yourself.
One day you were walking home after a long day and john pulls up next to you. "Hop in. We're going for a ride," he smiled. "Where to?" You asked suspiciously. "It's a surprise," he winked.
You rolled your eyes and jumped into the passenger seat. You couldn't remember the last you and John went for a ride. He brought so many amazing memories, but the one that stuck out the most was remembering the day you fell in love with him. He took you to a secret area he found about 20 minutes outside of town. He never shared that with anyone but you. It made you feel special and having that one thing that only you two knew about made you feel closer to him. You spent the whole night out there together. Laughing and talking and sharing, you saw a whole different side to him. A more vulnerable side. And in the talks of that night, you knew from that very day on you would be in love with him until you saw different. Which you haven't. No matter how many boys wanted to take you out, you always had John in the back of your mind.
You were knocked out of your sweet memory when he pulled to a stop. You looked out the window and knew exactly were you were. The spot. You're spot. The most important spot of your life. You opened up your door and stood there in shock. "Why'd you bring me here? We haven't been here in forever," you said in awe. "Well today's special," he said shyly. "How so?" You asked cocking an eyebrow. "Well uh-you know what? Hell with it," he said as he caught you off guard by kissing you. At first it didn't register that the best friend that you're in love with was kissing you. It eventually clicked and kissed him back. Your arms wrapped around his neck,his around your waist.

"If I didn't do that, I don't think I ever would have," he spoke lightly,"I didn't want to lose you as my best friend for doing this, but I knew if I didn't do anything I could lose you. I am in love with you. So so in love with you."

"I'm glad you did this. I thought you were drifting away from me. I'm so glad to be in love with you," you smiled at him.

"You're never gonna lose me," he whispered, kissing you once more.