epilogue

Song attached: Stigmatized by The Calling (I personally feel that this song goes very well with this chapter. Especially if it goes from Keira's point of view xP).

WARNING:

EVERY INCIDENT IN THIS CHAPTER IS ALL OVER THE PLACE

NOT AT ALL PROOFREAD. I rushed writing this in one and a half hours approx. and since I've been only sleeping 3 hours these past days, my head's all muddled up (I even typed 'I pulled my hair up in a high ponytail' for Danuj O.o). I'll proofread it tomorrow I guess.

If you see typos, please comment it below so that I can find them easily :*

HAPPY READING!

epilogue

The first time I took this highway, I was a teenage runaway, and it was so dark outside that I didn't even bother to peer and take in the route I was travelling. The second time I took this highway, I wasn't exactly in the right shape to enjoy scenery. Anguish wasn't exactly the best companion for sightseeing.

This was the third time I'm taking this highway and it kind of sucked that I couldn't even say, 'wah, everything has changed in this ten years' since I didn't know how this stretch of road looked ten years back.

My hands gripped the steering wheel tightly as I trained my eyes forward, trying to brush off these useless thoughts. From a third person's point of view, it was actually quite funny how a grown man's heart was fluttering and beating two times faster just at the thought of returning to a quaint town which homed him for a few months. But from that man's point of view, it wasn't even the slightest bit funny.

So many memories and instances that I've tried and successfully stuffed in the back of my mind flashed before my eyes. When movies portray such a scene, I used to roll my eyes and mutter how unrealistic that was. But Karma was a bitch and here I was, actually in the place of the movie's protagonist.

But unlike those movies, I didn't remember everything.

All I remember was that Keira Wilson had brown eyes, wild brown hair and a smile, which might not have the capacity to light a whole town but which certainly could light up my entire world. But when I try to remember Keira's face, it becomes all foggy. I remember one face though. Like a picture. It was when we first met, her brown eyes looking from above me, all wide and startled.

Same with the memories of our time together. I can't visualise the surroundings or even Keira. All I remember is that those instances happened, like reminiscing a book you read.

The nervous flutter of my heart increased and I pressed the gas pedal harder.

I remembered how Keira said I won't ever fall in love with someone until I start loving myself. I don't know when or how it happened, but with passing time, I sort of started accepting me for who I was. I left my past with Uthra as a fond memory. I forgave Ayisha and I forgave myself for being a jerk along with her. I forgave my dad for running after work and abandoning me and my mother. And with all those changes, suddenly there wasn't anything for me to pity or get angry at. I think that was the moment I accepted myself entirely.

And soon the regret coursed in.

But I didn't want to waste life wallowing about the 'why not's and 'what if I had stayed's. Because Keira wanted me to be happy and contented with being flawed. I left her to overcome those insecurities and worrying about another set of things is like repeating everything over again.

Useless and a waste of time.

So I ignored those feelings. I pushed them back and sealed them off as best as I could. I strived to achieve more, become successful... become someone who was confident about himself.