Chapter 26

If I had one wish, we would be best friends, love would never end, it would just begin.

If I had one wish, you would be my boo, promise to love you, trust me I trust you.

If I had one wish, we would run away, making love all day, have us a baby.

If I had one wish, I'd make you my whole life and you'd be my wife, make it right this time.

Camila continued singing the lyrics to her favorite song, "One Wish" while she washed the conditioner out of her dark, thick hair. Once all the conditioner was out, she turned off the water and started humming "One Wish" silently to herself. She grabbed the white towel laying on top of the toilet seat and dried off her body before stepping out into the small humid room.

She wrapped the white towel around her petite body and walked out into the cool, air conditioned room. Goosebumps spread across her body and her body began to shiver to help bring warmth. She quickly grabbed an outfit out of the drawer before turning around and taking a quick glimpse of Alexa.

The little girl was staring down at the iPad intently. Her eyebrows were furrowed and a tiny pout was perched on her lips as she tried to beat her high score in Color Switch. Rarely did Camila ever let Alexa play on electronics, however, every time she allowed Alexa to play, the little girl would make the cutest and funniest facial expressions.

"Mommy, I'm hungry," Alexa announced as she continued to tap the iPad screen rapidly.

"Let me get dressed and then we can grab a bite to eat," Camila replied as she quickly walked over to the bathroom, shutting the Pirates of the Caribbean curtain behind her.

Camila let the towel drop to the floor and she covered herself back up in non matching undergarments and a light blue romper. She ran her fingers through her wavy damp hair, deciding to keep it natural because as the day progressed she knew it would only end up in a messy bun. She then proceeded with her makeup, only applying a little here and there.

She took a step back and admired herself in the mirror. She smiled brightly, looking at the finished product, and knowing her work would disappear as the day goes on.

"Are you ready, Lex," Camila asked as she pulled the curtain back. The little girl was still looking at the screen the same way she was before Camila left her to get ready.

"One more round," the little girl said as she tapped her tiny finger on the screen.

Usually, Camila would say "no" but today, she could care less. She was in a good mood. The best mood. A mood she hadn't experienced in the longest time.

"I hate this game," Alexa grumbled as she placed the iPad on the nightstand and crawled out beneath the covers.

Alexa wore the same light blue romper as Camila except her blonde hair was pulled up into piggy tails. Camila was one of those moms who loved matching with her daughter, but as Alexa aged and grew her own opinion, their matching outfits were a rarity.

"Lex, where are your bows?" Camila asked as the two bows Camila placed in Alexa's hair earlier were missing.

"I don't know," the little girl shrugged as she tugged on her white converse.

"I think I know where they might be," Camila said as she spotted the two bows at the foot of the bed.

"Good job, mommy," Alexa said, flashing a smile.

Camila shook her head as she picked up the two bows.

"Can you please put them back on?" Camila asked, knowing it was a long shot. Alexa hated anything "girly". She'd much rather be in a t-shirt, shorts, and unbrushed hair.