Chapter 9

With all the money Disney makes a year off their theme parks, Lauren never understood why they never invested more money into their bus system. Their bus system is how their guests gets from their resort to the parks and back, and with thousands of people trying to go to and from the parks with only a limited amount of buses is hell, especially during the opening and closing of the parks. The worst, however, is trying to catch a bus at night. If you're lucky enough to get on the bus, then expect a few random people invading your personal bubble, and if you luck out, then expect to wait up to an hour for another bus to arrive.

Lauren stayed squished in the middle of the bus as she used one hand to hold on to the metal pole and the other to keep Alexa from falling, even though they were so packed the little girl wouldn't be able to move very far. It pissed Lauren off more than anything when she saw a healthy man take up a seat instead of giving it to a small child.

Being the last stop had a few perks though. You were always guaranteed a seat at some point during the trip. Even if it was only for thirty seconds. Luckily, a family got off at the first spot leaving four empty seats the Cabello women and Clara snatched up.

Alexa still stayed wide awake as her large brown-eyes scanned around the bus curiously. After the bus started to clear out at the next stop, Lauren found it to be the perfect time to give Alexa her present.

The way her chocolate eyes lit up and how her mouth dropped in shock was the best reaction Lauren had ever seen. Like any child, Alexa wanted to open it up right away and play, and like any mother, Camila made her wait till they got back to the room. So instead, the birthday girl went over all the princesses and their stories like Camila and Alexa had never heard them.

At one point, Aidan tried to reach over and grab the box from Alexa, but Alexa moved the box before his little fingers could touch the cardboard. She gave her little cousin the side glare as held the box tightly to her chest. Camila tried to explain that Aidan was only curious and that she should show and teach him about each princess, but Alexa wasn't going for that.

Once the bus arrived to the last stop, all the exhausted families shuffled their way off the bus except for Alexa who is still going a mile a minute. Lauren chased after the rambunctious little girl and caught up to her when they were only a few feet away from their room. Even though she purposely didn't catch Alexa until the end, she was surprised at how fast the little girl could run.

"Now I want to catch you," Alexa said as she tried to wiggle out of Lauren's grip. With Lauren's strong grip on the preschooler, Alexa wasn't getting very far.

"It's bedtime kid."

"It's playtime kid," Alexa mimicked.

"You better watch it kid," Lauren playfully threatened as she used Alexa's band to get them into the room.

Lauren placed Alexa down as they walked into the messy room. Toys and blankets were scattered variously all over the floor, and baby supplies cluttered the small circular table. The sinks were covered with hair supplies, make-up, and other hygiene products and in the middle of the beds, a pack-n-play is set up for Aidan.

"This is Me and Mommy's bed," the little girl stated as she climbed onto the bed closest to the door.

"No, this is my bed," Lauren said as she plopped down onto the bed next to Alexa and grabbed the little brown bear sitting on top of the pillow. "And this is my bear," Lauren said, making Alexa gasp.

"Ooo, I'm telling. Mommy doesn't let anyone touch Mr. Bear."

Scared, Lauren placed the bear back on the pillow at the same time Camila walked in, but that didn't stop Alexa from telling on Lauren. Camila stood there with her arms crossed and her eyebrow raised.