Chapter 2

The weekend came and went just like every other weekend during the school year. Lauren had orginally planned to spend majority of the week studying for her finals. However, Lauren spent the vast majority of her weekend stalking Camila on Instagram. She didn't know what about the brown-eyed girl made her so intrigued. Maybe it was the fact she's a single teen mom working hard to give her daughter a better life, or maybe it was something more simpler like her memorizing chocolate doe eyes. Still, Lauren had so many questions. She didn't like to assume things as it always caused problems, but she still felt rude going and asking her. Hell, she barely even knew her.

The day continued to drag on and Lauren wanted nothing more than to go home. She felt like death and wasn't in the mood to put up with anyone. So, when math rolled around, Lauren spent her class period in the library to work on "Khan Academey" as she told Mr. Lewis. Her real reason was so she could escape from Dinah. There was no way she could deal with the girl without snapping.

Lunch eventually rolled around. She thought about spending her lunch in the library but sided against it. No matter how much she wanted to avoid people, Lucy and Normani would blow up her phone and come look for her.

Lauren strolled to her lunch table and smiled faintly as she dropped her bag onto the floor.

"You look like death," Lucy joked as Lauren took a seat across from her.

"I feel like it," Lauren mumbled as she held her head up with her hand.

"What's up buttercup?"

Lauren looked down at the table as she felt her cheeks start to heat up. Lauren hated any nicknames besides "Laur" and "Lo", but hearing a different nickname come out of Lucy's mouth made her giddy.

"I think Lolo needs a huggie," Lucy stated as she walked over to Lauren.

As soon as Lucy's arms wrapped around Lauren's body, she felt her heart stop. The hug filled Lauren up with warmth. She took a deep breathe, taking in the sweet smell of Lucy's coconut scented hair and the fruity perfume Lucy has worn everyday for the past two years.

Lucy pulled back and Lauren let go of her. The sudden sense of emptiness filled Lauren as Lucy walked back to her seat. Lucy made her feel safe and protected. Something she's never felt with anyone else before.

"So Lo, are you busy tonight?" Lucy asked before popping a chip into her mouth.

Unable to speak, Lauren shook her head.

"Then would you like to come mini golfing with me tonight?" Lucy asked.

"Y-yeah," Lauren stuttered before gulping and continuing, "yeah," she nodded. 

"I'll pick you up at five sweet cakes," Lucy said with a wink, sending Lauren overboard.

They continued eating their lunch while Lucy rambled on about work. Normani eventually came to lunch with a pissed off Dinah following behind. Dinah gave Lauren an ear full about how pissed she was but Lauren tuned her out. She wasn't going to let Dinah get in the way of ruining her semi-alright day.

For the rest of the day Lauren couldn't get her mind off of Lucy. All she wanted to do was go home and get ready for their "date". Lauren knew this wasn't the type of date that she wanted, but any one on one time with Lucy was amazing. It gave her the chance to learn more about brown-eyed girl without any interruptions.

Lauren rushed home and ran up to her bedroom, excited for tonight.She threw her book bag on the bed before walking into her bathroom and turning on the shower. Lauren stripped down and then climbed into the shower. The warm water ran down her bare skin, soothing her muscles. She felt at ease for the second time today; the first time being when Lucy gave her a hug.