Chapter 21 (UPDATED)

As much as Camila was enjoying the sensation of Lauren's warm lips pressed firmly against her, she felt dirty. She never wanted to kiss someone who she knew was falling for someone besides herself. All Camila wanted wanted was to be the only girl in Lauren's life, but with Lucy coming between them, Camila felt like she was getting in the way of an already existing relationship, even though Lauren and Lucy were never together.

Camila pulled her lips away from Lauren leaving Lauren dazed and confused.

"I can't do this," Camila said quickly.

"Do what?" Lauren asked confused, still not understanding where Camila was coming from.

"I can't keep kissing you like this, Lauren," Camila clarified.

"Oh," the green-eyed girl replied awkwardly as she rubbed the back of her neck with her clammy hand. "Is it really that bad?"

"No Lauren," Camila quickly replied before the older girl kept getting the wrong impression. "Trust me when I say your kisses are one of the best things I have ever experience."

"Then what's the problem?"

"The problem is I can't keep kissing you when I know you have feelings for another girl," the brown-eyed mother answered.

Silence over took them again and Lauren started to furrow her eyebrows as she registered what Camila was saying. She couldn't see where the problem was. After all, she told Camila she was the only girl she wanted, or so she thinks.

"You should know you're the only girl I want, Camila. I was speaking the truth when I told you. I wouldn't lie about something like that."

Camila sighed deeply as she became frustrated at the older girl. She wanted Lauren to see where she was coming from, but Lauren was more level headed then ever.

"You don't know that, Lauren," Camila spit out as she looked down at the pavement while her hand was balled up in a fist. She looked like a spitting image of Arthur.

"But I do!" Lauren shot back.

"No you don't, Lauren," Camila growled as she brought her fierce Latina side out. "Now if you could please open the door and give me my daughter back, I would really appreciate it," the Cuban-Mexican said in a calm voice.

Feeling defeated, Lauren obeyed Camila's request. She scanned her blue Star Wars Magic Band against the censor connected to her door and slowly open up the door.

"Lamp, you're back! Alexa exclaimed in her sweet high-pitched voice. "We can watch Pirates of the Carrot Bean now," the little girl went on as she climbed off the tall pirate bed.

"Not exactly, kid," Lauren replied in a week voice.

"Why?" Alexa asked, not understanding what was going on. "Did the lady make you sad? If she did I can beat her up. Look at these muscles," the little girl said as she started to flex in front of Camila and Lauren.

"Alexa, lets go get some sleep. We have a busy day tomorrow," Camila tried to persuade as she reached her hand out.

"No Mommy, I can't leave. Lauren is upset."

Lauren's green eyes widen when she heard the little girl say her first name. It sounded so weird coming out of her little mouth. It was like her calling Camila by her first name instead of mommy.

"Alexa, we have to leave," Camila said as she tried to keep it together in front of her daughter.

"No, Lamp and I have a movie night," Alexa said, not wanting to leave Lauren.