neuf ~ you can drive all night lookin for the answers

Cigarette Daydream ~
Cage the Elephant

Jimmy Olsen rushed down the hallway dragging a resistant Chloe behind him

Jimmy Olsen rushed down the hallway dragging a resistant Chloe behind him. He took a sharp left, Chloe almost falling to try and keep up with the boy.

"You know, it doesn't even really matter. Maybe she just changed her mind." Chloe tried to talk sense into the boy but nothing could be heard.

Avery Smith was sat at a bench close to the woods, the same bench from last night. She was sipping a cup of coffee, thinking about this morning.

When she woke up she got dressed quickly and sent a text to Clark saying that she needed to tell him something. He sent a quick text back, saying that he would be there but she hasn't found him yet.

Her dad made her a cup of coffee after noticing how pale she was, which she took without hesitation. She sighed, looking up to see a flaming Jimmy and a nervous Chloe. When they made it to her table she flashed them a smile.

"Oh, hey guys, what's up?" Jimmy slammed something on the table. Avery picked it up, noticing it to be this morning's newsletter. "What's wrong with it?" Avery looked at the boy confused.

Jimmy rolled his eyes, taking it from her hands. He flipped to a specific page and laid it down, pointing at an article.

It was titled 'Saved by Superman' and written by 'Avery C. Smith'. The 'C' was her middle name and Clark gave her hell when she told him what it stood for.

Yes, her full name was Avery Clark Smith. Her parents really set her up for that one.

"What about it Jimmy?" He groaned, sitting directly across from her, Chloe sitting beside Avery. "You actually met superman?!" Avery groaned, rubbing her temples.

Her sleepless night was nobody but her own fault. After barely an hour of sleeping, she got up and started writing her article for the paper.

She took a sip of her coffee, feeling exceptionally sleep deprived after Jimmy's yelling. "You know, you don't have to scream, I'm right across from you."

Chloe rubbed Avery's back, knowing that her best friend wasn't feeling well. "Yeah Jim, you don't have to yell."

Avery's forehead was about to slam against the table when Jimmy quickly threw her soft journal under it, saving her from a hurting forehead. She stuck up a hand, finger gunning him with a small "thanks dude, you're like, a forehead saver."

Chloe let out a small chuckle, Jimmy just looking confused. "Listen, I'll tell you guys everything when Clark gets here, can you wait until then Jimbo?" Avery sat up, leaning her head on Chloe's shoulder, wanting nothing more than to fall asleep on it.

Jimmy nodded his head after Chloe shot him a pleading look. "Okay, great. Now how do we solve this issue?" Avery pointed at her tired figure. "Like this" Jimmy took some keys from his back pocket.

"Are these the-" "The teacher's lounge keys? Yes. Now you can get all the coffee you need all day." Avery turned to Chloe with a shocked expression.

"Marry him."

Chloe's face contorted into shock at Avery's command. "Why do I marry him, he got you the keys. Why can't you marry him?" Avery looked at Chloe with seriousness in her eyes.

"Well, I'm too young to marry." Avery got up from the bench, the coffee held close to her body as she walked towards the door. "I'm only 3 months older than you!"

Avery replied with a peace sign before opening both the doors of the school and walking in. Chloe sent Jimmy an awkward look, Jimmy rolling his eyes before jumping up and pulling her with him.

"Isn't it better to chase after her now, while we are still young?" Chloe answered with a small nod before he practically flew to the door. "You want to stay young?"

Jimmy thought about it for a second before nodding. "Do you want to be Peter Pan?" Jimmy stopped walking for another moment, looking back at her. "Maybe," he tilted his head to the side, "if you'll be Wendy."

Just as he said this Avery ran back out to them. She scoffed and rolled her eyes.

"I'm gonna puke, I'm seriously gonna puke."

A/N #NO REGRETS

#thankbatesmotelforthis