Chapter Twenty Three

Hirap magsulat from first person perspective kapag nagbabasa ng novel na isinulat from third person perspective. Hehehe! Hope you like this people! Mwuaps! I and will really appreciate the comments! Thanks!

PS Lagi na lang akong may utang kay Sanemostly and yamstiqu. Bawi ako next time. He-he!

---------------------------------

Lena was there. She was standing at the edge of the rock, looking at the pathway ---- the restaurant Seth and she had been to, only that it was on air. The pathway was the air. She saw him... Right then she started shouting, it was so loud that her throat hurt. But it did not stop her from shouting. She called unto him. But he continued walking anyway. As if he didn't hear a thing. A burning sensation started to tear on her throat. Her sight started to blur. He was walking away from her. She saw him walked away. Her Adam.

Lena woke up in a familiar room. The beige interior of the ceiling. The heavy drapes on the windows. The soft matress of a queen size bed. Right. She is in her room. At their family's. Seth drove her home there last night. It was a quiet ride. The silence was awkward and intense at the same time. She wanted to get so angry with him. She wanted to yell at him. I She wanted to claw his face. She wanted to slap him. She wanted to hurt him so much. Except, she can't bring herself to. He was not the Seth she once knew.. for sure. But he was still the Seth she knew, crazy wasn't it? Two different persons at the same body. Maybe Seth had his reasons. Hell. She does not want to think anymore. But one thing's for sure, though I she agreed to marry Seth, she will still talk her father out, put some sense into his head. He must've been wrong to have this decision.

She changed into comfortable clothes and walked to her parent's bedroom. There was no other way but to talk to him. She knocked at his door. No one answered. She gazed at the grandfather's clock at the end of the hall. It was past ten in the morning. Maybe her dad is in his study or somewhere. She decided to talk to him later. Or maybe she should ask the maid if they saw him.

She went downstairs to the kitchen and saw Manang Lilian. She was wearing the usual uniform her late mother had their maids to wear. Her hair was tight in a pony,the white streaks showing. She is carrying a hamper. "Manang, si Daddy?"

Nilingon siya nito. "Nasa kwarto niya si Sir."

She opened the fridge and got herself some fresh milk. "Wala po doon, manang."

"Baka nasa study ang Daddy mo." Nagtuloy na si Manang sa likod-bahay.

Nagkibit-balikat na lamang siya at kumain. Baka nasa CR si Daddy noong kumatok siya. After she's done eating she went upstairs to take a bath and be ready for work. Yeah, How can she forget? Maybe Dad went to work early.

She was in the business of opening her bedroom door when she heard a loud thud coming from Dad's. She tried to ignore it thinking she had imagined it when it heard it again. This time there was a loud crashing of something that sounded like a broken vase. She saw Manang Lilian at the end of the stairs. She must have heard it as well. Halos magkapanabay sila na nagpunta sa kwarto ni Daddy. It was lock. Good thing, Manang brought the spare keys. As soon as they opened the door, she ran towards her Dad. He was leaning towards one of the bedside table there. The pieces of once a vase over his feet. His robe was soaked with water. The flowers directly resting on his feet.

"Dad," she guided him to lean his wieght over her but surprisingly he was strong to refuse her offer. "Anong nangyari? Are you all right?" God. He was so pale. And he was sweating hard.

His grasping for breathe when he spoke. "I'm a-alright, honey. D-don't worry."

"Dad, you're NOT okay." Finally, he allowed her to guide him to bed.