Chapter Seventeen

Adam hadn't called simula pa kanina. Lena doesn't want to be the first to text him because she'll just end up nagging him. Ayaw niya namang lumabas na demanding. It's just that his mere text lang naman kasi will verify that she is important. Nang magising siya kanina and he's nowhere to be found.. --Well... except for his last night's clothes na malamang ay nagdala si Adam ng fresh clothes. Then, he changed this morning leaving his used clothes in the humper -- she suddenly realized something.

He loves her and since the moment he told her that, aside from having sex, he never showed it. He never proved her that he loves her. He doesn't even try proving and for God's sake, they never had a formal dinner date! He never told her anything about himself. Parang she was just something na tinatawag nilang... well, she hates to use this for herself pero pakiramdam niya palipasan lang siya ng oras ni Adam. Parausan. That was all she is to him.

At masakit yun sa pride.

Lalo na sa damdamin.

Especially that his 'I love you' is just a spur-of-the-moment thing.

She meant nothing to him but someone he could have sex with.

But... the fact still remained that no matter how he treats, treated and will be treating her, she loves him still.. so much.

And that thought made her rose to bed. She have to continue her life. She has to go to work. She has to busy herself. She needs to stop thinking. She needs to get Adam off her mind. Or else she could go insane.

"I hate you, Adam." bubulong-bulong na sabi niya pagtayo mula sa kama.

She got into the shower. Got ready for work. Then, drove to the office. Ni ha ni ho walang Adam na nagtext sa kanya.

Pagdating niya, may God forgive her pero si Adam agad ang una niyang naalala. Wala si Adam sa office nito.

"He's in HongKong." Jesse said. Halatang pakialamero. Hindi niya tinanong pero sumagot.

"So?" sabi niya kahit gusto niyang itanong kung bakit. Imagine, nasa HK si Adam?! Parang kanina lang magkasama sila. And he didn't even tell her! Kaya pala ni walang text! Bwisit na lalaki yun.

"Just in case you wanted to know. He booked for two."

At talagang gustong masaktan ng Jesse na to noh? Bwisit! Leche! She marched her way to her cubicle.

"Oh? Why the face?" said Megan. Sa dinamirami ng nakatingin sa kanya dahil sa expression ng muka niya, si Megan lang ang kayang magtanong. Everybody else still looked at her as a celebrity or the chairman's daughter. Ilag ang mga ito sa kanya. Kainis. Bakit pag-asar siya, lahat ng mali napapansin niya?

Padabog na naupo siya sa swivel. Automatic, lumapit sa kanya si Meg. She's crossing her arms when she glanced at her. "I don't want to tell what's wrong."

She remained standing there.

Yung springed dog sa desk niya na lang ang pinag-trip-an niya. Sinundot-sundot niya yun ng ballpen. "I don't wanna tell you Adam went out without even waiting for me to wake up. There's no letter even. I don't wanna tell you that now Adam's out of the country with someone. I don't wanna tell you that he's happy with his other girl."

"Teka lang, ha? That someone's a girl?"

"Bakit may iba pa ba?"

"Well, yes. Maybe it's a business trip."

"Business trip? He could've told me that last night." Guilty lang ang hindi nagsasabing may gagawin ito out of the country, di ba?

"Why would he tell you that? Girlfriend ka ba nya ha?"