Things You'll Miss When You're Outside 9ja

There is no doubt that living abroad is one of the desires of most Nigerians, it is one of the most unforgettable and incredible experiences that anyone will love to partake in. However, there are quite a few things that you may miss outside Nigeria. Yes, you may have taken these things for granted, wait till you have spent few months abroad, by then, the excitement and fun of the new city must have worn off. This is when you may start missing the some things about Home and you'll shockingly be longing for them.  

1. Visitation from friends and family: There is nothing as unique as the visits we get from our friends and neighbors in Nigeria, especially from our families in the village or our home town. During these visits, food is served and stories are shared. It is one experience that brings oneness and bond between people. Most people living abroad do not enjoy this luxury and they miss home badly when they are lying alone in their apartments.

2. Free car pack: You don't need to worry about traffic tickets when you are in Nigeria. There is no police ticket for you when you default in your parking space, it is either you are called out to re-park your car or warned. When you park wrongly abroad, you pay the penalty fee. In Nigeria, you can park an airplane on the street without stress.

 In Nigeria, you can park an airplane on the street without stress

3. Street shops: You would definitely miss the street shops in Nigeria when you travel abroad. The reason is, these street shops provide you with everything you may need early in the morning or late in the night when the markets are closed. On every street, you will find Aboki with small kiosk selling a variety of household items or a pharmacy store right at the corner of the street. 

4

4. Street Jamz: You must have realized that most developed countries are noise free, sometimes; you can feel a pin drop because making a noise is regarded as an offence. Come to Nigeria and experience something that will blow your mind, the jamz that comes from different shops can be exciting because it is one avenue where you can know the hottest tracks in the music industry without surfing the internet. Who needs Spotify abeg?

5. The TV shows: Nigerian TV soaps and reality shows are like no other, you can't compare them with American or British TV shows because they are have been uniquely produced. Some of the TV soaps have good story and once you start viewing them, you will get hooked. Most Nigerians living abroad miss these shows because they tell a lot about our lifestyles and how to tackle most problems we encounter in our daily lives.