*Maybe Love Is Forever* 7

Vic POV

"Hey Nic. Is everything okay?," I asked.

"Yeah..." she looked at the ground

Its been 5 months since have been dating. Its been a while since I've talked to Austin, because I haven't been seeing him around.

"Im gonna head home now. Is everything really okay? Im worried about you," I asked once more.

She nodded and smiled, "Yeah. Im sure," "Okay," "Okay. See you tomorrow," she smiled walking past me.

Austin POV

When I got home, my dad was sitting at the kitchen table, with tears in his eyes.

I quickly walked over to him "Dad is everything okay?,"

"Austin...you mother is- shes',"

"Shes what dad? Spit it out,"

"Austin she-she's dead," he said before busting in tears.

I couldnt believe it. I stood there frozen. I couldnt even cry. I didnt know how to feel. My emotions were wiped away. "What," I fairly whispered.

"She died at noon...," he added.

"How?," I studdered.

"This disease called marfans syndrom. Her- her heart gave out," he cried.

I ran to my dad and cried. I cried so hard I thought I was going to pass out.

He pulled back, "you have it too son,"

"I-,"

"Its not as severe as hers though. Your heart seems to be fine right?," he asked.

I nodded slowly.

I went up to room and cried some more. I cried myself to sleep after 3 hours of mouring over my moms death.

Nicole's POV

My life is starting to fall apart. I started to become distant from my friends as they started to become distant from me. I started to seperated from everyone except Vic. Vic started to become distant from me also, slowly.

Austin hasnt show up to school for 2 weeks now, but hopefully he'll come today. Phil told me what happened to his mother. I hope he's coping with it alright. I miss seeing his face, even though we dont talk.

I sat in my seat for chemistry. Im guessing he's not coming today. I looked down at my paper then back up at the board, seeing Austin walk in 20 minutes late. He hurridly walked to his seat, instantly slouching.

"Good to see you Mr.Carlile," Mr.Canoli quietly remarked.

He nodded.

I saw that he was still torn from his mothers death. I wish I could make him feel better. But him seeing my face might make him feel worse.

I sat up in my seat, being that my back was hurting from slouching so much. I looked up and saw Austin kinda shaking. Then a tear fell down in his lap.

I couldn't bare the sight of him crying so, I leaned closer to him, grabbing his hand in mine, and intertwined our fingers. I put my chin on the desk with our hands still intertwined for the rest of the class.

The bell rang and Austin still stayed in his seat. I walked over to him and hugged him. Like never before.

"I'm sorry,"

"It's not your fault,"

"I'm sorry I wasn't there for you," I added.

He nodded.

"Let's go,"

I walked with him.

"So what class?," I asked.

He nodded, "I'm not going to my next class,"

"Then I'll skip with you," I added.

"No. I can't let you do that,"

"Your not stoping me. I want to be with you,"

He paused, "I'm skipping the whole day,"

"I'll come with you," I smiled.

We carefully exited the school building without letting anyone see us.

"So where to?," I asked.

"The woods,"

"Woods? Okay...," I slowly commented.

We drove into the woods and sat on a log far into the woods.

I looked around and looked back at Austin, who was lighting a blunt.

"Austin...you smoke," I asked.

"Only for my emotions,"

I nodded. "I understand," no longer making anymore comments.

He lit it and started to take some long drags of it.

"Wanna take a hit," he asked

I nodded. I took the blunt from him and took a drag.

After a couple of minutes I felt the effect from the weed. I was high. In the woods, with Austin.

I kept smiling a couple of time for no reason until I heard loud weeps from Austin. He slid down onto the ground with his hands on his face.

I quickly crawled to him and brought him into my embrace. I rocked him back and fourth, telling him that I was here and that it was okay.

"It's gonna be okay," I kissed his forehead.

" My mom, she-she's gone,"

"I'm sorry Austin, I'm so sorry," I shushed him.

He held onto me, tight. We stayed like that for a while. So we laid back onto the log, drifting to sleep.

-------------------------------------------------

(A/N)

This chapter actually almost made me cry. Maybe because of the music I'm listening to. It's Romance IS... by LIGHTS. I love her music. Go check it out. Comment, vote.