*Maybe Love Is Forever* 24

Nicole POV

Sitting here in this room with Austin is just making me colder, mentally. I've been treated everyone like shit for the past 2 weeks since the beginning of his coma. The doctors insisted on pulling the plug on him because they are 100% positive that he won't pull through. I just told them no and nothing else.

Austin always loved they way I stroked his hair when he was sleeping, because he woke up so peacefully, and I'm hoping he'll wake up soon.

"Knock, knock," a voice sang from the doorway.

"Hey, Alan," I whispered.

"Hey, Nic. I just came here just to say I think you should go home for a while, to get some sleep. for a while. He won't be waking anytime soon so just go."

I look over at him and smile. "No, Alan. I'm not leaving," I say then instantaneously dropping my smile. "Please leave if you only came here to say that. I'm not up for talking right now-"

"You know you've been really mean to me lately and I just don't get it. Could Austin have really made you like this? Being all uptight?"

"Im not uptight Alan, Austin is in a coma with a 0% chance of waking. Please, just go."

Alan leaves with no other words said.

"Mrs.Carlile, would you come here for a second?" the doctor says walking in. I nod and walk over to the doctor and nod for him to go on. Can he please stop saying Mrs.Carlile...

"Listen Mrs. Carlile, Austin had a low chance of waking and pulling the plug is highly recommended. There-"

I began blocking everything that was being said by him, out. Every, single, memory of Austin and I came flooding into my head and my edges began to tear. I cant lose him, I honestly cant.

*Cough cough* That, that noise came from behind me and the only person behind me is, is Austin. Austin! The doctor ran back in with the nurses and came to Austin's assistance immediately. They told me to go outside and I waited near the window with both my hands planted into it. I was happy. I was overly happy. My baby was waking up, my baby's daddy.

"You can come in, he's awake and perfectly fine. But don't get him too excited, you'll give him a heart attack."

I smile, "Thank you, doctor-"

He raises one hand in defense, "Its my job." He leaves and I go inside the room and sit next to Austin. "So are you not gonna hug me?" I hurrily get out of my seat and crash down on him, squeezing him tightly. "Hey,baby," He says making me tear up.

"Austin I could've lost you, forever. You have a baby on the way. He's going to be so spoiled having two dads-"

"Two dads?" he says barely above a whisper. "Is there someone else?"

"Its Ryan and you know that. I thought I had to move on after our fallout and you have to know that I'm in love with him and we can't be together."