*Maybe Love Is Forever* 25

Nicole POV

Yes, that was wrong of me to put it like that, but it had to be done. You can't sugarcoat things because it'll just get their hopes up.

"Ryan, come here,"

I could hear him switch the light off from the bathroom and his footsteps against the wood floor get louder and louder.

"What's up?" He takes a seat next to me on our platform bed, switching his side of the lamp off. "Everything okay?"

"Yeah, I just need an opinion. Remember what I told you about what I said to Austin the other day? In the hospital?"

He nods, furrowing his brows. "Yeah, why?"

"Do you think that was a bit harsh?"

He shakes his head. "You still worrying about his feelings? He's an adult, he can handle himself."

"I should at least be cordial with him. He is the father of my child after all."

"Yes, he is. But does it really matter? The child will have a father,  and that'll be me. I want you to stop worrying about him because I'm fucking over it. Do you think that I really want to keep hearing you speak about a guy you fucked and made a child with?"

"Fuck you,  Ryan. You frankly don't understand this situation in the slightest. You're supposed to be helping me get through this," I say punching him in the chest.

He gets up from the bed and slams me into the wall. His hands were tightly gripped around my wrists and they felt like they were going to bruise. "Fucking listen to me! I'm already going to be the father of your fucking child. What more do you want from me, woman?"

I could feel several tears escape my eyes. "You're saying that like you don't want to be," I whisper.

He says nothing, but a mere snicker left his lips. His grip loosens from my wrists and he returns to bed. I was too shaken up by what just happened and so I'm sure I won't be getting any sleep tonight. 

I get a call from the hospital with them saying that he'll be released in the morning and that they need me to sign him out. Feeling a bit vexed about the whole scene that just went on with Ryan and I, I grab a few pillows and a blanked and crash on the couch. Who knows what will happen tomorrow though.

*Next Morning*

"Hey, Austin. You ready to go?"

He nods with a heartbroken look on his face. I knew exactly why he felt that way, and that was because of me. If I could have just been heedful of what I was saying, he wouldn't have been so miserable looking. "What- what happened to your wrists?" he asks clearing his throat.

I stutter looking for words to say. "Ryan and I got into a little argument and he caught a short temper is all."

He shakes his head as we buckle ourselves into my car. "He's not good for you and you know that. I don't know why you always have to be difficult with yourself,"

He's right.