Chapter 30 - Monday Morning Blues

Start from the beginning

Outside the hotel stood a sleek, beautiful, matte black Jaguar XJ, looking totally out of place.
Even though I was used to seeing these cars around me all day long, such cars still brought a sense of excitement to me.
I don't remember a thing about the journey because as soon as I stepped foot in the car, I fell asleep, just after telling my address to him. Well yeah, it was expected, I got only 4 hours of sleep.
______________________
"Get up, we've reached your house...." I heard a voice in the distance, and I finger prodding me.

"Five minutes more please..." I mumbled. Tightening my arms around Bliss, who if you are wondering is my soft toy, though I don't know since when Bliss got muscles.

"I don't have time for your senseless dramas nerd..." Well, there's only one person who calls me that.

My eyes flew open, to see Val looking down at me, frowning. Suddenly, I realized that Bliss...was actually Val. Well, Val's arm.

I immediately backed away and said,"Uh...Um..sorry, yeah. I...Uh..Will go now." I said, gathering my stuff, and my dignity.

As I was going to get out of the car, I looked back at Val, who was looking blankly at me and said,"Thank you for the ride, and uh...helping me yesterday." I said, shooting him a grateful look.

He continued to look blankly at me and said,"Its fine. It would be appreciated if you either forget about all the things that happened yesterday or dont tell anyone about them. I mean, everything." He said, stressing on 'everything'.

Oh.

He wanted me to forget what happened in the rain too.

Why? My brain asked stubbornly.

Instead I replied,"Oh okay." I couldn't help feeling a teenie tiny bit of disappointment. I wonder why?

Casting him one last look, I exited the car and went to the driver's door. I tapped the window, which he rolled down and said,"Thanks for the ride, Mark. Sorry we called you so early in the morning."
He smiled and said,"That's all right Miss."

I smiled back and waved a bye to him and started walking towards my house. As I was walking, I heard the car speed away.

I took out the spare keys from my purse and opened the door to the mansion.

______________________

I kicked my shoes off and jumped on my bed. I am sooo tired.

I didn't meet either dad, or the boys, which meant Kiara had done a perfect job of convincing them that I was at her place. Austin and Alex must've gone for a run. Mary had a day off today.

I mentally made a note to call Kiara later in the day to thank you for saving my butt.

I put my phone on charge, and went for a relaxing bubble bath. The scars on my arms are already fading away, which I am glad of. I don't want a reminder of that horrible guy every now and then.

I put on my sweats and decided to sleep for a while.

When I woke up, it was already 11. I opened my phone to find a couple of messages from Nate and Kiara.

KiaraBoo💗- Hey chica! How about we meet up today for some lunch and shopping at the mall? You owe me an explaination for covering up for you!

Nate- Hey Rey! It's been a long time since we talked. How have you been?

I quickly replied to both of them, telling Kiara that I'd meet her in the next hour at a cafe close by, and promising Nate that I'd call him tomorrow to catch up.