20. The Great Escape

Original Stats:
124 Views. 6 Votes.

━━━━━━━━━

The Great Escape

━━━━━━━━━

"What do you mean you and Kim kissed?" Jack asked, his anger slowly bubbling over as he rose from the bench. "You mean you kissed her? Right?" Jack demanded, looking straight down into Ricky's eyes in such a way that it made him shiver with fear.

"I, kissed her in Florida." Ricky started once again. "She kissed me in New York." Ricky finished, watching as Jack shoved his hair back and away from his face. The head of the dojo took in small, rapid breaths as he began to pace around the space just in front of Ricky.

"So what does that mean? Are you two a thing now? You lost Jasmine so you just jump on Kim?" Jack ranted. He was letting his anger get the best of him, and sadly, Ricky was getting the brunt of it. Then again, it was better he than Kim. This was all his fault, anyhow. Otherwise Kim wouldn't have even kissed him the other night.

"Look, man-"

"Don't look man, me!" Jack interrupted sternly, taking a small break from his pacing to strike more fear into Ricky. "This is not some run of the mill issue. You kissed the only girl I've ever loved! One that I just so happen to still in love with! If it wasn't for you, we'd still be together!" Jack yelled, letting out all of his frustrations that he had been holding inside for a long time now. Ricky shook his head, rising up from his spot on the bench and holding up his hands in defense.

"I know this isn't okay." Ricky breathed, letting his hands fall to his sides. "But Kim broke up with you because you kept accusing her, of being with me. That wasn't true then, and it isn't true now. I didn't swoop in and steal her. That's impossible. All that's true, is that for some, stupid reason, I made the mistake of kissing her in Florida, after we found Eddie, bloody and dead, in the bathroom, right after I killed two guys. It's completely underplayed to say that emotions weren't running high up there. Now after all that had happened, and all that kept happening afterward." Ricky got out, watching Jack's face untwist at the mention of what happened in Florida.

"You killed those guys?" Jack clarified as he crossed his arms over his chest. "You were the one to throw the thugs that killed Eddie over the ledge?" Ricky nodded.

"That was me." He confirmed. "They were going to kill Kim and I, so after we got them unconscious, I sent Kim over to the thugs' room. I meant to just leave them on the balcony, with no way back inside, but I accidentally tossed one over the ledge. It was too late to not throw the other one over, too."

"So then what happened?"

"Kim and I went through the computers, which, Shane whipped all the memory off of. I felt something wet on the bed under us, and we found out the bed was covered in blood. That was when I went to go check if the thugs were still on the ground. I could see a trail leading to the bathroom when I went to the window, so on a whim, I turned on the lights in the bathroom." Ricky paused, the same feelings he had felt in that moment rushing over him once again. He felt just as sick, sad, and disgusted as he had right then. "There, shoved into the bathtub, was Eddie. I won't even describe what it looked like, and I hope, you didn't see the pictures they said they had to take." Ricky finished, taking in slow breaths to calm himself.

"All I had heard was Eddie was found dead, and the thugs fell while trying to run from you two." Jack muttered, only loud enough for Ricky to hear.

"The authorities had to cover it up, otherwise, I'd probably be facing charges..." Ricky left off, placing his hands into his pockets. "I think Milton was the only one who knew."