6. Rowdy Rudy

Original Stats:
221 Views. 11 Votes. 9 Comments.

━━━━━━━━━

Rowdy Rudy

━━━━━━━━━

"Ricky, calm down. Please." Kim cried as she ran after her partner in crime. She finally reached him and grabbed onto his padded shoulder, only for him to shrug her off at the touch.

"I won't calm down!" He yelled angrily as he finally spun around to face her. The rest of the team was far ahead of them and inside, while the two previously thought to be twins, stood out in the adjoining parking garage. "They said Jasmine would be there! They said this would be it, and we could finally catch this guy!" Kim swallowed hard, her eyes fluttering open and closed repeatedly as she felt her mood falling even further.

"Sometimes, they get it wrong." She mumbled, watching as Ricky's face turned further red with anger.

"Sometimes they get it wrong?" He repeated loudly. "I held up my end of the bargain! Hell, I've even put in overtime, and they were supposed to keep that guy locked up in the first place! And now, they just, get it wrong!" He yelled, small tears trickling down the sides of his face as all his emotions raced out at once.

He huffed out air and sucked it in quickly as his anger rose inside of him. He could only feel anger in the moment. His eyes were probably red from the emotion as it coursed through him. "She sent that! She sent that, stupid location picture, and they couldn't have just left instantly with a freaking chopper to go and get her? Then, she leaves a note that no one can figure out." Ricky went on, his anger slowly diffusing as he ran his mind over the facts and his fingers through his hair. Jasmine was alive, everyone knew that much. They just weren't completely sure how safe she was.

"Ricky-"

"I know it means something. Even if Shane made her write it. It has to mean something." He rambled as he spun on his heel and walked off towards the opening in the large car garage that overlooked DC. Kim followed aimlessly after him, half worried he was going to jump. She stopped next to him, the two resting their forearms on the concrete as they looked over the bright lights of the city. "She's too smart for it not to mean something."

"I know it means something." Kim agreed, daring to let her hand rest on his shoulder once again. "But all we can do, is find the leads, and check them. We can't be right all the time." Kim let out a long sigh as she continued to keep her stare off in the distance. "Jasmine sent that to us on a whim. Shane probably caught her and took her out of that place as fast as she sent it. It wasn't our fault, and it surely wasn't her fault that it didn't work."

Ricky nodded, his breathing finally evening out as the two stood in a small silence. Each of their thoughts were overrun by Jasmine and Shane. It sucked that neither of them had any idea what was going on. All that they knew was she was with him, and that she had left that note, forced or not, as a sign. A sign that was supposed to lead them to her. And yet, they couldn't figure it out. Even Milton had yet to crack the code.

"I just really wanted her to be there." Ricky muttered as he let his eyesight fall down to the ground far below them. There were guards upon guards down there, all attempting to keep the government secrets, secrets.

"You think I didn't?" Kim breathed kiddingly as she slummed further against the concrete railing. She could feel herself taking on a more concentrated look as she thought it over for the millionth time. "I really felt like it was going to work."

"It was going to. Until Shane changed the game again. Just like it was going to work that he was staying in jail. That the two of us were going home and meeting up with the others when we all graduated. But he just had to change his mind. He had to see things in another, badder light before he finally gave up." Ricky rambled as he glanced back up and out to the city once more.