15. I Am In...

Depuis le début

"What's going to happen when they figure it out?" Jasmine whispered back, watching as Shane clicked through the channels. The two sat squished together on the recliner, the lights dimmed as they watched television. It was better this way, keeping a low profile this late at night.

"We're going to do exactly what they ask." Shane replied back simply. Jasmine's heart practically stopped, his words striking through her body like an electric shock.

"But what if they take me back with them?" Jasmine asked, almost feeling tears coming to her eyes at even the thought of that happening. "What if..." Shane shook his head, leaning his head down just a bit to press a kiss to her forehead. She needed to stay calm.

"They won't." Shane reassured, knowing he was right. "Not if you, and I, play our cards correctly."

"You okay?" Garrett whispered to his best friend, nudging him in the side lightly to get his attention. He would be honest when saying he had seen just how hard this had been on Ricky the last few hours. Not only had Ricky and Kim found one of their friends dead, not even twenty four hours ago, now, they had to figure out the message. A message that for some reason, was stumping the entire team. The two hadn't even had a chance to sleep the entire time they'd been here.

"I don't know, man." Ricky breathed, letting his hands fall to his sides and his head lean back against the wall. He was spent. But he couldn't describe in words just how badly he needed this. He was in love with her for god sake. It was a new kind of torture he had never experienced before. He could only imagine what Jasmine was going through.

"You want to go figure this out in the computer room with Kim and Dels?" Garrett whispered, leaning in to make sure the others wouldn't here. He knew how the four probably needed to separate from the government agents. "Maybe the four of us can find her from there. The atmosphere's a little..." Garrett left off as he looked around, almost looking as though he was trying to find the right word. Ricky nodded, a small smile being brought to his face at his friend.

"I get it. It's stuffy in here." Ricky teased, elbowing Garrett lightly before he was off towards the door. It was amazing that he and Garrett had ended up friends. Without him, Ricky may have actually gone insane.

"That's the word." Garrett muttered happily, reaching out and clasping his hand onto Delia's. "Come on."

"Where we going?" Delia asked, her face brightening at the mere thought of getting out of here. She was bored in every sense. "Are we going to get frozen yogurt?" Garrett's face twisted in confusion as he quietly led Delia out of the room.

"Why would we get frozen yogurt? No one said anything about frozen yogurt." Garrett teased, looking across the hall to see Ricky had brought Kim into the room. At least one less thing for him to do.

"I don't know, I was just thinking about frozen yogurt." Delia brushed off with a small smile. Garrett shook his head and pulled her inside, shutting the door quietly behind them. He wasn't really sure if anyone has seen them leave. But he was perfectly okay with that. The less disruption during this, the better.

"How long have we been at this?" Ricky muttered as he fell back into a chair, the very chair he usually took over when the team was sectioned off in this room. Kim shook her head, she hadn't even checked the clock when she and Ricky had gotten back to the base. All she knew was she had the note playing through her head like a song. The time seemed almost to be an illusion.

"A long time." Kim sighed, sitting up on the main desk Ty and Rudy usually took over. She watched as Garrett and Delia made their way towards the back. There was a large white board up against the wall. The two each took a marker, writing out the note swiftly. The bigger letters may still help them think.