14. Jerry Rigging

Começar do início

The two stood in silence as the door shut, leaving them, completely, alone. Kim had taken into account that the security cameras had been tapped over, and to her knowledge, there was a tech truck out front, ready to disable them. Something weird was going on. The agency needed the cameras in case something happened.

"How was Florida?" Jack started as he shifted from foot to foot uncomfortably. Yes, the two had broken up in the past, a past that wasn't so long ago, but they had never actually been around each other during it. They had only had awkward phone conversations. Never had they spoken face to face.

"You know how it went." Kim muttered, shaking her head to keep back her tears. She had to stay strong, for Eddie's sake. "I heard you went back to Seaford."

"Yeah." Jack nodded, taking small notice that the necklace he had gotten for her still hung around her neck. "It was like a twenty four hour trip. I barely had time to see... Let alone, tell, Jerry what had happened." Jack finished before his gaze dropped to the floor. He looked as though he was blaming himself, too. Like it was his fault Eddie was gone.

"How'd he take it?" Kim asked warily, not sure how far she should step on the subject. She hadn't even seen Jerry for well over a year. How was it her place to ask about how he took the death of their long lost friend when she was practically one too.

"Hard, but he stayed strong." Jack relayed, playing with his hands. "He asked about you." Kim frowned, all before realizing once again, they were friends. Plus, Jerry knew Jack and the others had left to help her, or at least to see her. She wasn't sure how much Jerry and Rudy knew before this.

"What'd he ask?" Jack took in a deep breath, closing his eyes for only a second before looking back to Kim.

"He asked where you've been. He asked where I've been, where Milton and Grey have been. He asked why he wasn't apart of this, why for some reason he was left behind. I told him I didn't know. He's a blackbelt too, and Rudy's here now. He's all alone down there." Jack said, his eyes looking to be watery as she knew he was picturing Eddie. "I saw, what happened. The agent had to take pictures, and, they showed them to us."

"Why would you even look at them?" Kim asked in defeat, throwing her head back as she did. "It made me sick to my stomach just thinking about it, let alone the fact that Ricky and I had to be the ones to find him." She went on, Jack nodding along with her.

"I know there's no excuse for this, but seeing that, made me want to literally kill Shane. He's done way too much now to even look back, let alone what could have been done to Jasmine by now." Jack relayed. "I know I can't go back and put motivation into myself, but I've already done something. Two things, actually." Kim felt a frown take over her face as she watched a small smile grow on Jack's face.

"What?" She asked worriedly, not sure how she should feel about the look he was giving her. After all that had happened, she would be looking, and taking everything three different ways. Just to be safe.

"I have something for you, first off." He finished with a wide smile before reaching out and pulling Kim towards the hallway Ricky had raced down. The two strolled down the hallway, Jack pausing as he got to the door to the situation room. He took in a deep breath as he popped open the door, Kim walking in behind him to see everyone, was inside.

Each person held a piece of paper in their hands, while highlighters and pens sat around the table, ready for use. Up on the wall, stood a larger version of what everyone held. It was Jasmine's note. The team was trying to figure out the message within the message.

Ricky, Garrett, and Delia stood along the back wall. There were already too many seats taken, so the three stood there with a note in each of their hands, examining it as closely as they could. Up at the front, stood Ty and Rudy, but not only them. There, standing in the far front corner, was none other than Jerry Martinez.