10. Thugs, Thugs, and Oh Right, Thugs! Part 2

Start from the beginning

"When did you decide to help?" Kim teased quietly, half worried the two would wake up. Ricky shook his head, reaching down into the larger one's jacket pocket and pulling out a key.

"There's no time for that. Go into their room, and see what you can find. I'll take care of these two." Ricky rushed, pushing Kim off towards the now busted door. She nodded as she stumbled along, stepping carefully over the door and racing to the door to their left. She opened the door quickly and slipped inside, leaving a small book in between the door and the frame for Ricky to follow her inside.

She spun around to see the thugs' room was almost identical to their own, just backwards. The bathroom was towards the back, and there were instead two beds up against the left wall. She let her eyes scan over the space before they fell upon a makeshift desk on the right wall. The desk was covered in high tech equipment, buzzing and beeping as Kim simply stood there in awe.

She could feel her feet moving forward before she had a chance to comprehend what she was doing. Her hands raced over the black colored computers, the largest screen popping on at her touch. Her eyes widened as she jumped down below the screen, seeing the thug she had chloroformed back at DITKA high looking close into the screen.

"Doug?" He asked, Kim able to hear the clicks of a computer on the other side as he tried to regain the two's connection. She absolutely could not have him see her. Shane had to think everything was fine down here in Florida. "Doug? Did you take the two kids out?" Kim closed her eyes and pulled her arms in to wrap around herself as she forced herself to think. She needed a way out of this. He would suspect something if he saw her hand creep up to cut the connection.

Her eyes opened as she quickly pulled her phone out of her back pocket. She clicked onto a video of static, the static that used to play on old televisions for whatever reason. This had to work.

Kim quietly shuffled against the ground, moving backwards and away from the computer as she warily looked up to see the idiot was still trying to get connections back. She rolled her eyes as she raised her left hand, clutching her fingers tightly around the phone as she moved fast to hold it in front of the camera.

The thug jumped back and she turned the sound up, making it as believable as possible as she cut the connection. The screen went black for only a second as a pop up came upon the screen, telling her the obvious fact that the video chat had ended.

Kim let out a shaky breath as she rose to her feet, locking her phone and putting it in her back pocket.

"Oh no." She could hear someone mutter through the open window in the bathroom before a loud thud came. Her face scrunched as she swiftly made her way over to the window, standing on her tip toes and still not able to see whatever had happened below. Another thud sounded before the pounding of two feet against the floor in the other room became louder with every step. The thugs' room flew open, revealing Ricky standing behind it. His hair had been wiped to the side, and the pop star had a blood stain running down the center of his Hawaiian shirt.

"What happened?" Kim asked worriedly before she pressed white stickers on top of all the computer cameras.

"I... Umm..." Ricky left off as he brushed his hair back into place.

"Well?" Kim prodded once more as she crossed her arms over her chest. Ricky quickly rubbed his hands together as he stepped into the room, closing the door behind him.

"Now, keep in mind I didn't mean to do this. I just meant to put them out on the balcony." Ricky started, Kim's mouth falling open with his next words. "But they just so happened to be very heavy, and now they're laying... Probably, dead, on the pavement behind the hotel."