5. Empty Notes and Empty Rooms

Start from the beginning

"Okay kids." Delia started into the headsets, each of them lifting their right hand to their ear for better comprehension as they sat up straight. "Get ready to jump out. You're about two feet from the warehouse doors. Jasmine should be in the larger room with all these goons scattered everywhere. On the left, there's a smaller room, that's where Shane should be. That's where the signal came from. Jasmine sent it from the looks of it. Good luck." Delia finished before the headset went flat.

Kim nodded to herself as the leaders outside the car opened the doors, each of them filing out quickly and racing to either side of the large door. The team allowed Kim and Ricky to take the lead, the two standing directly in front of the others before sharing a quick look.

"Ready." Kim whispered.

Ricky nodded her way before setting his eyes forward. "Set."

"Go!" They yelled before kicking in the door.

The large black wooden door fell to the floor with a loud crash as wood splints flew everywhere. There were two main lights on on either side of the room, a small green chair sitting at the center. Kim motioned Jack and Milton off to the left room, while Ricky, Grey and Garrett, made there way towards the back to canvass the place. As she ran into the small room and flipped on the lights, she could feel her heart drop to the floor.

"There were supposed to be three monitors here." She stated as her breathing quickened. Jack shook his head, pushing his finger closer to the headset.

"Delia, what's going on?" He asked as he walked out of the room. Jack knew how this was supposed to be going down, and it was definitely going in the wrong direction now.

"I don't know." She muttered as the sound of keyboard clicks could be heard. "There were three monitors in that room, and that's where Shane was, while Jasmine was on a green chair in the middle of the big room." Jack shook his head, looking over his shoulder to see Kim lowering her gun as she walked slowly out of the room.

"There's a green chair here." He agreed as he stopped in front of it and kicked it over. "But no Jasmine."

"Guys!" Ricky yelled as he raced around from the right hallway, his hands clasped around a small black item. "Jasmine was here. I don't mean to sound creepy, but this brush has her hair in it." Jack nodded, his eyes scanning the room before Milton and Grey emerged from the back two rooms.

"There's nothing back there, Jack." Milton said sadly.

"Nothing on my end but a few empty coffee cups." Grey announced as she held up the plastic bags holding the cups. "We can run DNA but that's about it."

Jack nodded before warily turning to look at Ricky. He watched as Ricky lowered his hands to his sides in defeat. He knew what this meant. They were too late. There was nothing they could do.

"So what now?" Ricky asked, a small bit of anger playing off his voice as he spoke. "We just keep looking in every warehouse in the Eastern part of the US? He could be back in Arabia with her for all we know."

"We'll find her Ricky." Jack said sternly before glancing back down to the green chair. His eyebrows furrowed as he leaned down and ripped the small piece of paper off the bottom of the green chair.

I'm fine
Almost perfect even
Maybe it's better with my captor
I always thought it was better with Ricky
Not now
Now, I feel free
Every day is like a new adventure
Where I can live life to the fullest
You can stop looking
Or keep going
Really, it's your choice
Keep in mind, that I am in good hands
~Jasmine