2. We're Not a Drug Task Force

Start from the beginning

"Well you kids did good. Get your asses back here so we can regroup." Delia confirmed before turning off her own connection to them. Kim glanced back towards the poker table as she could hear the steps of their leader coming towards them.

"We should move you guys up to the drug task force. You've busted more guys than the men and women on the real force could ever dream of." Ty teased before waving them towards the getaway car.

"We're not a drug task force." Ricky groaned as he threw his head back, getting a laugh from Ty as he turned and made his way to the cars.

"Come on guys, we probably won't find her today. We've been everywhere on the lists and have nothing. But I did want to say that we did great today." Jack called as he waved the others over to the larger garage door still sitting open, the cop cars sitting just in front. Along with the swat team... Minor detail.

Kim rolled her eyes and ripped out her earpiece in anger, letting the object hand off the neck of her shirt as she stormed off towards the entrance Jack had taken down just a few minutes ago. She was done with this. They had taken out seven major drug dealing teams, all of which were involved in larger rings and were willing to cooperate for a lesser sentence, but it wasn't what they were intended on doing. The needed to find Jasmine. Now. If not something bad could happen to her.

Yes, it had only been a week since her kidnapping. But that was a week too long. Anything could have happened to her already. Given the history Ricky had with simply the drug dealers in Arabia, Shane was ten times more dangerous. He was also a rouge spy. Jack had even been held for a while under his control. Anything was possible, and she didn't like that.

"Kim wait!" Jack called after her as he met with her outside. Her boyfriend grabbed onto her arm and spun her around to face him before continuing. "Please don't be-"

"Upset? Already am, Jack." She hissed as she dropped the de-loaded gun to the ground and crossed her arms over her chest.

"You know that's probably expensive." Jack said, a small bit of humor to his voice that Kim was definitely not in the mood for at the moment.

"Drop it, before I do or say something I'll regret." Kim ended as she let her sights fall back to the gun, not daring to look up at him for the time being. Jack sighed and stepped forward, lifting her chin with his index finger to look into her eyes.

"We'll find her. I just don't want you to worry yourself sick about this, because if you do, then you definitely won't find her." Jack whispered as his other hand moved to clasp around her own. She shook her head, knowing Jack was right in one sense, but wrong in another.

"I need to worry, for everyone. I'm the one who got her involved in this whole thing in the first place. Ricky and I could have stayed there at DITKA High and waited until it all went down one night, but I just had to go and make friends with her. I'm Jasmine's only hope to getting back here, and away from whatever menace she's stuck with." Kim said, her voice wavering from sad to mad, mad to sad, and every emotion in the middle. She held a forced look on her face as she spoke. It was hard for him to believe she had actually found these people, let alone that she was so connected to them that she would stop at nothing to find them. But Kim would never do anything half assed. She was all in or all out.

"Okay." Jack breathed as he dropped her hand and began to run his own over her arm soothingly. "We head back to the base, and figure out another plan. We look, we take over that secret little room that keeps spitting out every warehouse in the area, and narrow down our options. Together, the seven of us, can find her." Kim nodded, hoping for the moment that he was right. She had no other option as it was, but there was still hope for Jasmine if they tried.