"No." Jade shook her head, hating whenever Morgan did anything like that.

"Marcel. Take her. Please." Morgan pleaded with Marcel who had not moved an inch from his spot. Something snapped inside him, his captivating trance from Jade broken. He rushed at Jade in an instant, wrapping his arms tightly around her delicate frame. Jade shut her eyes, shaking at the touch of Marcel. She squirmed in his hold, fighting, clawing, kicking at him with all her might. He dragged them from the crowd before nodding his head at one of his men, giving him the order to finish off Morgan. He had stuff he needed to discuss with Jade.

Jade had stopped fighting, finally opening her eyes only to find herself in an alley. Alone. With the person she hated most in the world.

Marcel released Jade from his grip, only to get slapped across the face. His jaw tensed at the pain that left as quickly as it came. He looked down at Jade in frustration, rage very much alive in her eyes.

"I hate you. You lying, manipulating, disgusting monster-" Jade harshly spat out, venom in each word. She was cut off when Marcel had pinned her against the alley wall, his grip on her arms tightening in a deadly hold. Jade held back the scream from the pain Marcel's steel grip inflicted on her, biting her lip so hard that blood had broken through the skin.

Marcel had noticed the bleeding, but pushed the thought of hunger to the back of his mind.

"Jade. Do not make me-" He stopped mid sentence, noticing Jade's anguished expression, her eyes on the brink of tears. Marcel pulled back in an instant, unsure of the cause of her distress. It wasn't until he averted his gaze to her arms that he realized he was the cause of her pain. There were deep finger indents in each arm, the skin turning to a dark reddish color. Guilt replaced anger, as Marcel glanced at Jade with sorrow in his eyes.

"I'm sorry, Jade... Forgive me.. I'll do anything." Marcel daringly stepped forward to Jade, his guilt-filled expression pleading with her. Jade winced, pushing herself back more against the wall, afraid that Marcel would attack her again. He stopped moving, waiting patiently for her to say something, anything.

Jade looked at him in the eye, licking away the blood that escaped her lips.

"Let Morgan go." She said, happy she had revealed Marcel's vulnerable state. Endless seconds ticked by as Marcel's body tensed.

"You know I can't." He said, frustration coursing through him.

"Then I will never forgive you." Jade paused, before adding a final statement that she would end up regretting. "No matter how hard you try to make me fall for you, I would never in my life fall for a monster like you."

Marcel's hand was suddenly at Jade's throat, lifting her in the air effortlessly. He squeezed her throat, cutting off her windpipe. Jade choked out a cry, clawing at Marcel's grip. He had then flung Jade to the opposite wall, her weakened body colliding hard with the brick wall as she fell in a broken clump on the ground. Her left arm was bent at an awkward angle, the bones in her back fractured.

Jade was pulled up again, barely able to stand on her legs, a cry of agony escaping her mouth. She was forced to look at his gaze, his eyes burning fire, his expression unreadable. It was this time that his monster emerged. He smirked, pushing Jade's black hair to her back, exposing her neck. She whimpered slightly, the torment throughout her body taking its toll. Scratches and bruises were visible from the impact of her body on the alley wall, blood seeping through her striped dress. Marcel's face was now mere inches from the vein in her neck, breathing in her addictive scent. Jade clamped her eyes shut, waiting for the sharp pain to come. But it never did.

"Now, that is no way to treat a lady."

-

Jade