Chapter 31 Tenerife Sea

Chapter XXXI
Tenerife Sea

You look so wonderful in your dress
I love your hair like that
The way it falls on the side of your neck
Down your shoulders and back
We are surrounded by all of these lies
And people who talk to much
You got this kind of look in your eyes
As if no one knows anything but us

Meredith took a deep breath as she looked into the mirror. Her hair curled and surrounded her face, a cream tight-fitted dress over her body. She never imagined herself getting married, especially to the one night stand she was determined to forget.

"You look gorgeous," Carolyn spoke from the doorway.

"Thank you," Meredith smiled as she invited her inside.

"I never thought I'd see the day that Derek looked happier than when he held the girls but I just saw him and he seemed like he was on cloud 9," Carolyn smiled as she approached Meredith.

"Really? Does he seem nervous?" She asked as she tried to steady her own hands. She knew she loved Derek and this was what she wanted but she was terrified.

"A little, but very confident. I knew from the moment we met that you were the one for Derek sweetheart. You don't need to be nervous, everything is perfect," Carolyn smiled as she placed a comforting hand on her shoulder.

"I know. I'm just scared I'm going to fall or mess up," she admitted.

"Don't be. Because you won't," Carolyn reassured her.

"Where are Ali and Evie?" Meredith asked.

"Susan and Thatcher are with them in Derek's room," she said.

"Ah, well can you go get them? I think I just need to hold them for a minute," she smiled and Carolyn nodded and left. A moment later and two little girls came darting through the doorway. Their dirty blonde hair laid in curls also but each had a flower headband tied into their hair. Their dresses were a pale pink color and they each were barefoot. There wasn't much difference in the two of them except Alison has many freckles across the bridge of her nose while Evie had the cutest dimples when she smiled.

"Mama! You a princess!" Everleigh exclaimed as she looked up at her.

"I am sweet girl," Meredith smiled as she lifted her up.

"Up mama!" Alison jumped up and down as she held her arms up to Meredith. She picked her up also and put her on the opposite hip of Everleigh.

"Oh, you both are too big for mama to hold you at the same time," Meredith said as she was juggling the two of them.

"But we your babies?" Evie questioned.

"You are, but you're getting so big," she kissed each of their cheeks before putting them down.

"Are you ready?" Susan asked.

"Mhm, you girls go with nana and mimi, listen to them and be good please," she said as she leaned down and kissed the both of them.

"Tay!" They both said in sync. Carolyn and Susan took the girls out and Thatcher was left with Meredith alone.

"You look beautiful Mer," Thatcher said as he looked at her up and down.

"Thanks dad," Meredith smiled weakly as she pulled him into a hug.

"It's going to be amazing, you are probably nervous but it will be fine," he whispered into her hair.

"What if I fall?" She whispered.

"You won't, I'll be there and make sure you don't fall," he said as he squeezed her a little for reassurance. They stood there for another minute before they pulled apart.