Part 14 Fight song

Chapter VX
Fight song

Like how a single word
Can make a heart open
I might only have one match
But I can make an explosion
And all those things I didn't say
Wrecking balls inside my brain
I will scream them loud tonight
Can you hear my voice this time?

"Thatcher," Meredith repeated his name. She was numb from the shock of seeing her father, a man she hadn't seen since she was 5 years old.

"You've grown up," he breathed and Meredith snapped out of her daze. She felt the anger rush over her as he stared at her, not even realizing he was staring at her stomach.

"That's what happens when you abandon someone for twenty five years," she spat, he started to speak before she turned around and rushed off. She couldn't believe it, she had been treating her father's other child. She felt disgust in knowing that his wife and daughter didn't even know her but it didn't surprise her, he just disappeared and she hadn't seen him since she was five.

Her head clearly clouded as she reached the only place she felt like she wanted to be, knocking on Derek's office door. She opened it and found him sitting, reading over the newest medical journal.

"Mer," his face lit up but came crashing down when he saw the distress on her face.

"God how can I be so stupid?" She cursed herself, slamming the door and sitting on the couch in his office. He got up and hurried over to her, sitting down beside her.

"What's the matter Mer?" He asked curiously, looking at the anger that burned inside her.

"Thatcher is what's the matter," she huffed, crossing her arms and resting them on top of her stomach.

"Your father?" Derek was confused. She didn't talk about her father, she knew he still lived in Seattle but she hated bringing him up, she blamed him for everything that went wrong.

"He's not my father. He is Molly's father. Ok well I guess he is my father but he isn't! I can never call that man my father because he hasn't been in my life long enough to earn the title of being a father! He will never be my father," she rambled, all the steam releasing from years of anger and resentment toward him.

"Wait, he's here?" Derek asked, confused as how she found out she had a sister.

"He is. And I'm on Molly's case so I can't avoid him forever," she pouted. She knew deep down she had to face her fears and talk to him but she found it hard because of all the anger she still had in her.

"Mer, you were going to have to talk to him eventually, and you have a sister?" He asked and she looked at him slyly.

"Two actually. And they aren't my sisters," she rolled her eyes. They sure as hell were not her sisters.

"Actually Mer," he started but was interrupted by the sound of a pager. Meredith looked down at hers and wanted to throw it across the room.

"Addison is calling," she groaned, standing up and kissing him quickly before she rushed off. She found her in the NICU, getting the baby settled in.

"Yes Dr Montgomery," Meredith said breathlessly stopping and looking down at the fragile baby.

"We are going to have to go back in and operate on her, but we need to update the family on her condition," Addison informed her and Meredith secretly groaned. She was hoping that once Addison found out that she was considered family, she couldn't work on the case anymore.