Chapter 26 never grow up

Chapter XXVI
Never Grow Up

Your little hands wrapped around my finger
And it's so quiet in the world tonight
Your little eyelids flutter cause your dreaming so i
Tuck you in,
Turn on your favorite night light
To you everything's funny
You got nothing to regret
I'd give all I have, honey
If you could stay like that

Meredith sat quietly as she rocked Alison in her arms, she was snuggled tightly against her chest and her hand was wrapped around Meredith's finger. She just watched as the little girl slept quietly in her arms and she fell in love with every breath the little girl took. She let a smile creep on her face as the little girl was smiling also.

"Hey," Derek said from the doorway.

"Hi," Meredith didn't even look up as she kept her eyes glued to the baby.

"You know, today we get to go get Everleigh," Derek reminded her as he walked closer to the two.

"I know, that is why I'm just enjoying this moment because it's going to be hard when there are two," Meredith informed him.

"I know," he smiled as he walked over to her.

"I'm excited," Meredith smiled. Her life was so different, she was so in love with both of the little girls that she had. They were both so tiny but perfect. She stoked the baby's cheek with her finger which caused her to smile.

"Me too," he said as he watched them. It was odd to him, becoming a mother has changed her and he couldn't believe it.

"Susan is going to be here soon then we can go get her," Meredith said as she repositioned the baby in her arms where she was laying in her hands. Alison yawned and she stretched, Derek and Meredith both smiled as she curled back up and fell asleep.

"She is definetly your child," Derek joked and she glared at him.

"If she wasn't so cute and taking both of my hands, I would totally hit you right now," she returned her stare to the little girl who now had a slight smile to her face. The doorbell rang and the both of them stood up, Meredith holding Alison tightly against her chest as she made her way down the stairs. Derek opened the door and a very delighted Susan came inside.

"Hey Susan," Meredith smiled as she hugged her.

"Hi Meredith, and there's my adorable granddaughter," Susan's eyes lit up as she was talking to the baby. Meredith kissed the side of her head before she handed her over to Susan. Ali only opened her eyes for a second to see who was now holdin her before she fell back into a slumber.

"She just ate so she's probably tired, if she starts to get fussy she has a collection of pacifiers in the changing table and if she wakes up and wants to..." Meredith was suddenly cut off by Susan.

"Meredith, I raised two myself. I know what to do. You two go and bring my other adorable granddaughter home so she can be with her sister," Susan said as she started to shoo them out the door.

"Thanks Susan," Derek says as he kisses the side of Alison's head and grabs Meredith's hand.

"If she gets hungry, there is a bag of milk in the fridge. We'll be back as soon as she can," Meredith said, kissing Alison once more before her and Derek left. Inside, she was freaking out. Never had she ever thought it would feel like this to be leaving without her. She sort of felt lost in a way. She was quiet her whole ride to the hospital and when they arrived, they immedietly shot up to the NICU. They put on the protective gear and went straight to Evie.