Chapter 66 How It All Started

The next two weeks passed with a ridiculous amount of peace. Hunter tried to get The Shield back under his thumb but they had denied him at every turn, which I was thankful for that. Daniel had taken the United States championship but Brie still hadn't forgiven me for being around Roman. Shield had addressed that they were staying together and I had my matches, continuing to dominate. Night of Champions was this Sunday and I was nervous. I had finished getting dressed as it was Monday and I had a match against Becky Lynch from PCB. I kept it simple tonight, black ripped pants and a black crop top with my 'Wild Card' splashed across the chest in vibrant red. I was headed to the Shield locker room to borrow some tape at the moment. Knocking I waited a moment and walked in. Roman and Seth were dressed and Dean was just pulling on his vest.

"Hey. What's up?" Roman smiled, standing up.

"Hey back. Uh do you guys have tape? I think I ran out." I rubbed my shoulder, feeling it pull a bit.

"Ya here." Seth nodded, throwing me a roll of black tape.

I sat on the bench, wrapping my hands with it. Doing my other one I flexed my fingers out, feeling the support and I smiled. Rotating my neck I stood up, bouncing up on my toes. Roman grinned at me, knowing my routine when I was getting ready for a fight.

"How you feeling champ?" he asked, glancing at the title around my waist.

"Like I'm ready to kick some ass." I smirked, throwing my hair over my shoulder, "Who are you guys going up against tonight?"

"Roman's going up against Ryback after this. Then I go out against Punk." Seth announced, watching my face darken instantly, "Between that I think it's you and Becky right?"

"Ya." I frowned, feeling my excitement fade at the thought of Seth fighting Phil.

"What's wrong?" Roman murmured, seeing the frown.

I shrugged, not knowing how to explain my feelings. Raking my fingers through my hair I glanced over at Seth who was sitting next to me, "I'm still feeling weird about everything I guess. I mean tell me from two months ago that I would be rooting for Seth to kick Punk's ass and I would have thought you were crazy. IT's just a big change."

"I guess it wouldn't be a good time then to ask if you gave any more thought to join Shield." Seth grimaced and I wrinkled my nose, shaking my head at him.

"I thought about it but I don't know. I mean with everything else that's happening I just...it's too much." I sighed, knowing they wanted me in this group badly. "Look nothing has happened to me and it's been two weeks so I think I should be ok on my own anyways."

"Don't say that. When people say that they always jinx it." Dean spoke up from the wall, fists pressed against it.

"With my luck most likely." I sighed, "I should go. I'll be watching."

Seth held out and fist and Roman from the other side as well. Hitting them both I stood up, Dean turning around and I threw a fist out, taped knuckles against his. Making my way back to the Diva's room I joined Nikki and Brie on the couches, watching the end of the last match. IT went to commercial and Nikki turned to me.

"How's Roman?" she asked, Brie instantly looking to her phone.

"He's great. I was just there, seeing him before his match tonight." I smiled, ignoring Brie.

"You seem so much happier now. I'm glad. After everything with Phil I'm glad you have someone who can make you smile again." She gushed, holding my hand in hers.