Chapter 25 Yes Yes Yes

Wiping the sweat from as I turned the corner I saw people in the hall, Nikki, Brie and someone I hadn't seen in a very long time. They were standing outside their locker room and Nikki noticed me first. Raising my hand slightly she turned to Daniel who had his back towards me. He turned around, looking almost exactly the same, except for a longer beard. I let a slightly nervous smile grow on my face and he walked towards me. Brie and Nikki had matching smiles as they watched the reunion.

"Lila my God. It's so good to see you." He murmured, holding out his arms as he got closer.

"Daniel I'm all sweaty. I just got back from the..." I shook my head, only to have him jerk me against his chest, "Gym."

"Do you think I care about a little bit of sweat Lila? I haven't seen you in five years." He grumbled, squeezing me before letting me go, holding my shoulders.

"I know. It's good to see you. I'm really glad you're back." I grinned, patting his waist and turning to Brie and Nikki who walked up finally. "I can see you took very good care of him."

Brie blushed slightly as she wrapped an arm around her husband's waist. He smiled down at her and I felt a slight twinge run through me. I realized with a start that it was envy. Brie was positively glowing in the presence of her husband and I almost wished I had that.

"So I've been keeping up with WWE while I've been gone and I have to say Lila you've been keeping busy." He smirked, eyes shining at me.

I had the grace to flush, ducking my head as I bit my lip. "You know me. I can't keep my mouth shut when it comes to those pigheaded people."

Daniel let out a bark of laughter, rubbing a hand over his thick beard. I heard around that Bray Wyatt had asked him to join him and he had refused.

"Well you know now that it's not only Punk that has your back. I'll be standing behind you as well." He nodded, holding out his hand.

"Daniel! You can't!" Brie suddenly exclaimed, her face unhappy.

"Brie after what they did to me do you think I'm just going to let them get away with it?" he asked her, keeping his tone light.

"No but you made a point. Look what they did to you! What's stopping them from doing it again Daniel?" she grimaced, her hand still wrapped around him, "Lila no offense. It's not that I don't want him to have your back but..."

"It's fine I get it. I told everyone from the start I wasn't asking for help." I shook my head, knowing where she was coming from.

"I'm not asking Lila." Daniel piped in, holding out his hand again.

Brie let out a sigh and I knew she was frustrated but on board. Putting my hand in his we shook on it, eyes determined. I patted him on the shoulder, walking past him. I knew him and Brie would want to talk and I needed to talk to Phil. I would have just enough time to get showered and dressed. Walking into the locker room I heard the shower going. Throwing my towel I dug in my bag, pulling out a new blue and black ripped shirt, this one coming to the middle of my ribcage. I had black stretchy pants with rips all down the sides, showing more skin than it covered and my wrestling boots. The shower shut off and I gathered all my clothes in my arms, leaving my boots on the floor. Phil walked out with a towel wrapped around his face, toweling his hair with another one.

"Hey shower's free." I motioned his head behind me, standing by his bag.

"Alright."

"How was your work out?" he asked, rooting around in his bag.