Chapter 36 New Divas Champ

The lights dimmed and they played music, the crowd jumping to its feet. I grinned, looking all around the stadium. As the music was playing Hunter and Steph walked out, Hunter giving her a spin. I fought the urge to roll my eyes as they made their way to the ring. Getting inside, everyone turned to face them, waiting as they took the mic from the side. The crowd was calming slightly and she raised the mic to her lips.

"How you doin tonight Des Moines?!" she shouted, raising a hand up as the crowd started cheering again.

"Surely you can do better than that?" Hunter shouted his voice rumbling around the arena.

The crowd amped up the volume and I grinned, waving at people who were looking at me. I threw a wink to a little girl who was in the front row and she turned back to her parents super excited. Phil threw his arm over my shoulder, resting lightly against me.

"Welcome to Royal Rumble ladies and gentleman. We just wanted everyone out here to show you how much you, the WWE universe means to us." Steph announced, throwing a hand out, "Without you we would be nothing and..."

I ignored the rest of the speeches zoning out on the crowd. I didn't even realize it had all ended until Steph and Hunter walked past me, a secretive smile on their faces. I was so tempted to reach out a trip Stephanie but Phil's arm around my shoulder stopped me. We followed them off stage, not wanting to be caught by AJ who looked like she was going to chase us down. We headed back to the locker room, sitting on the couch and watching the first couple matches. There wasn't much conversation as the reality of the situation hit us. We both had a chance to be Champion's and the nerves were kicking in. Nikki was going against Paige and I watched with bated breath as her and Paige went head to head. I was leaned against Phil, my legs stretched out in front of me. He was sitting, legs crossed at the ankles and a hand around me, resting against my stomach. Suddenly Nikki got the upper hand and pinned Paige after a neck breaker. I stopped breathing as the ref counted, 1, 2, 3. I jumped to my feet as Nikki dropped to her knees. The ref grabbed the title and handed it to her. She clutched it to her chest and it showed her standing up, holding the title over her head as Brie and Alicia came up beside her, wrapping her in a hug. She looked almost like she was going to cry as she clutched the title close.

"I'm going to go congratulate her." I announced, standing up.

"I'll come with. I don't want you and AJ to get into it again." He followed suit, walking out with me.

We half ran down the hall headed towards the Diva's locker. We heard screaming and we poked our heads inside seeing Nikki, Brie, John, Alicia and Daniel celebrating.

"Hey room for a couple more?" I asked, pulling Phil with me.

"Oh my God Lila." Nikki was visibly shaking, the title still held in her hand.

"See I knew you could do it. I'm so proud of you Nikki." I smiled, hugging her, "That looks good in your hand. Put it on."

Nikki unclipped it, wrapping it around her waist. Daniel reached behind her, putting it together and leaning away, wrapping an arm around Brie. Phil gave Nikki a hug too, shocking everyone. He wasn't a hug touchy guy except with me so I could see it meant a lot to her.

"Do you guys want to stay in here and watch the rest with us?" Brie offered, motioning to the couches and chairs around the TV.

"Sure." I nodded, seeing Phil's slight nod.

We all situated ourselves on the couches, and glanced up at the TV. It was still on commercials. Phil had an arm on the back of the loveseat, myself tucked into the crook of his arm. As it came back on it showed Renee standing with Steph and Hunter.

"So I have to ask you guys as the Authority what made you add Money to the Bank in this year's Royal Rumble?"

"Well Renee we think it's time to get a new face to the WWE. The Big Show was always good but let's face it, he's getting older and we need a young fresh showstopper" Hunter explained, running a hand over his chest.

"So with this contract we can hope to have a new Champion by the end of the year." Steph cut in, a smile on her face.

I snorted in the room, making everyone glance over at me. They knew how much I despised that woman and for once they had the same look. We turned back to the TV, continuing to watch them.

"The choices you made for the contenders were interesting. With the likes of Dolph Ziggler, CM Punk, Randy Orton and surprisingly Daniel Bryan. Tell me after everything that happened months ago with Daniel Bryan why would you let him have a shot at the Money in the Bank contract?" Renee asked, holding the mic out.

"Well since the unfortunate accident that took Daniel out for a few months we realized he needed a boost in fame. Now I'm sure he understands not to cross Shield and I'm sure we won't be having trouble with him anymore." Steph smirked, holding her phone in her hand, "Everyone knows not to cross the Shield and I'm sure no one will stand up anymore. We've taken precautions."

I glanced at Daniel whose jaw was clenched as he stared at the screen. I knew he wasn't anywhere near ready to let go of the anger at the woman who called Shield on him. The entire room was tense as the screen went dark, Hunter ending the promo. I knew they were talking about me at the end and I could feel my eyes narrow as the commercials aired. Daniel glanced over at me and I stared back, lips pressed together.

"Steph's talking out her ass. Don't let her get to you." Brie spoke up, noticing the looks between me and Daniel.

"It's fine. I'm not worried about her at the moment." Daniel reassured her, Phil's hand resting against my shoulder.

Big Show was up next against Ryback and everyone was too tense to really watch. I was up next and my leg was bouncing rapidly. Everyone's eyes kept sliding towards me and I took deep breaths, keeping calm. I could feel Phil's heartbeat against my side and I looked at him. His chocolate brown eyes found mine and we stared at each other.

"It's all you Lila. Everyone here is gonna watch and cheer you on and you're going to kick ass." He murmured, pressing his forehead against mine.

I closed my eyes, letting his words sink in. I took comfort in the fact that people were rooting for me. Suddenly the bell rang and we looked back at the TV. The big show had retained his title and I stood up, hands slightly clammy under the tape. Nikki stood up, leaving her title on the couch. She put her hands on my shoulders, her hair still held back by her snapback.

"Lila. You can do this. IF I can beat Paige for the Diva's title than you can beat everyone else. Well I'm sure that Brie and Alicia will give you a run for your money though. Don't give up." She stated firmly, staring me down.

"Thanks Nikki."

I ran a hand through my hair, bouncing on my toes as I waited for the commercials to end. Phil came to stand next to me, taking my hands in his. I put my game face on, and I looked up at him. He was serious for once and I let some of the worry that was boiling inside me show.

"OK. I don't need to give you the pep talk because you don't need it Lila. You're going to win against everyone ok? Just watch AJ, she's out for blood." He murmured, watching Brie and Alicia get up from the couch.

"So am I." I grinned viciously, tilting my head.

"Come on Lila. Let's do this." Brie came up next to me, Alicia behind me.

w