Chapter 10 Locker Room Confrontations

A knock at the door interrupted our celebration and I opened it. I followed Brad out to where Renee was standing. She gave me a smile as I stood off to the side, waiting for the cameras to start. Running a hand through my hair I bounced on my toes, still feeling the euphoria flowing through me. Renee smiled as she turned to the camera.

"I'd like to welcome my guest, for the first time in 4 years, Lila." She announced, turning towards me as I stepped into view.

Even in the back I could hear the screams of the arena break out, the people clearly screaming out my name. I couldn't help the grin that broke out on my face.

"Well we can very clearly hear that the WWE universe is happy to have you back. How are you feeling about your very secret return?" she asked, placing the mic in front of my face.

I had a moment where I froze for a second. IT had been so long since I had done one of these in front of the camera. Snapping out of it I brought who I was back and smirked at her. "I feel incredible Renee. Being back reminds me of all the good times I had here and honestly I couldn't be happier."

"Speaking of old times, "she jumped in, making me internally wince when I realized where she was going, "We were all watching anxiously as Roman was talking to you. How are you feeling about seeing him after all these years and seeing him as the Powerhouse of the Shield?"

I could feel my face harden when she mentioned Roman in the Shield. It wasn't all for the camera. "If Roman Reigns thinks he can come with his little buddies and force me into bending over backwards he's got another thing coming. The last time he got in my face about something like this I turned tail and ran, I admit but not this time."

"So you're back with a vengeance, ready to face down the group that's been dominating the WWE for the last 4 years?" she asked, sensing the tension in my body.

"I'm ready to get back to what I do best. Wrestling. If that means I step on the toes of the Shield then so be it." I smirked, knowing Roman and Seth would be livid.

I gave Renee a look before turning and walking away. I knew that I had to make a dramatic exit. My side was slightly aching but it was a good ache, letting me know my body was toughening up. There were a few people in the hall but as I made my way towards the locker room there was nobody. I stretched my hands over my head as I walked, feeling my back pop and shift and I winced.

"So how long did you know you were coming back for?" a voice asked, literally making me jump, my back hitting the wall.

Roman came out of a hallway, Seth and Ambrose right behind him. The wall was cold against my warm back and I felt the start of guilt. I gathered my courage and looked up into his eyes. Just as I expected his eyes were angry, but what I didn't except was the amount of sadness there. It made me feel even worse for lying to him.

"A month. The night I went to RAW." I admitted quietly, crossing my arms under my chest, "I wasn't planning on it. I was just coming to watch but I guess it just hit me that I wanted to be back."

Roman shook his head, raking a hand through his wet hair, pulling it from his face. Seth was glaring at me, his eyes livid. I knew he would be mad, thinking about the conversation and the song I chose.

"Why didn't you tell me?" he asked, holding onto the sides of his vest.

"Would you have cared? Would it have changed what happened? You've got your own business to deal with now." I sighed, sending pointed glances to the two men at his side.