Chapter 34 Talking and Catching Wyatt's Eye

We walked like that till we were out of eyesight and I pulled away, Phil's arm dropping away. He looked slightly upset but brushed it off. Stopping I turned to face him for the first time in days. He looked exhausted and upset.

"We need to talk." I stated, rubbing the back of my neck.

"Yes we do." He nodded, motioning for me to continue walking.

We made our way to his locker room and once we walked in he shut the door behind him. I chose to stand and face Phil instead of sitting down. He was dressed for the ring and he put a hand on his hip, the other ran through his hair.

"I'm glad you're ok." He started.

"I am not ok Phil. I'm the furthest thing from ok." I cut him off, not raising my voice but still angry.

"Ok can I explain?" he asked, clasping his hands in front of him.

I nodded, crossing my arms in front of me. He took a deep breath, composing himself. I watched Nikki, Brie an Alicia go out against Team BAD. Phil let out a breath before looking at me.

"After I left my parents I went to the house. My phone was acting up all day which was why my texting was weird. When I got there AJ was standing in front of my door. I have no idea how she knew when I was going to be there but she was. She kept talking about how we were so good together and how we could be that again when she came back. I kept telling her no because I had you and we weren't good for each other, "he stopped, noticing the change in my face, "Then I told her to leave. I went to open the door and go in and she pushed me back and tried to kiss me. I swear Lila I pushed her away. I told her no and went inside. She banged on the door for over an hour Lila. IF you want I'll take you to my neighbor's house and they'll tell you. They threatened to call the cops and that's when she left."

I stood there silent, wondering if I should go ask the neighbors if it was true. Phil looked devastated and I knew I must have looked the same.

"I just stayed there because it was late and I was angry. I didn't want to go back and make you angry as well. I was going to call but my phone died and it wouldn't turn on. I had to get a new one." He held out a new phone, an upgrade from his old one.

I didn't say anything, instead sitting down on the bench. I rested my elbows on my knees, running my hands through my hair. I felt like a douchebag after hearing the explanation. He crouched down in front of me, resting his hands on the side of my knees. I looked up into his brown eyes, seeing the same hurt that was in me.

"Lila I would never betray you or us. We're a team. It's me and you against everyone else here." He murmured, brushing my hair away from my eyes, "And I would never hurt you, especially with AJ."

"It's not just you and me against everyone. It's Daniel too." I mumbled, opening my mouth for the first time.

"Fine and Daniel." He agreed, giving me a half smile, "Whatever you want Lila."

"I want this back."

"SO do I."

He dropped to his knees in front of me, resting his head on my lap. His hands went around my back and I could feel him trembling slightly. Running my hands over his back and hair, I leaned over him.

"I was terrified you wouldn't come back you know." He mumbled against my legs, "I thought you were just going to take off."

"I wouldn't do that. I just needed time to calm down and sort things out." I shook my head, as he lifted his.

"I know. So we're ok right?"

"We're ok."

HE stood up and I followed suit, throwing my arms around his neck. He buried his face in my neck, holding my head and waist tightly. I glanced over at the screen, seeing his fight come up.

"Phil you're going on right away!" I shouted, pointing to the TV.

"Shit!" he exclaimed, "Coming?"

I nodded, grabbing his outstretched hand. We sped walked out of the room, almost running down the hall. Shield was walking down the same hall and I winced, noticing the scowl on Phil's face. All their faces saw our hands together and they hardened. AS we passed, Seth's hand brushed mine, a piece of paper between my fingers. I crushed it in my fist, sticking it in my pants pocket. We waited and I walked out with Phil, the crowd going insane. I stood outside the ring as Phil started against Bray Wyatt. I hated him, he was always staring at me. Deciding I was safe I pulled out the paper stealthily. Phil was lying in the middle of the ring and I hid it as Bray leaned over the ropes at me. Shooting him a scowl I stared him down.

"You are a vision Lila." He drawled, eyes raking up and down my body, "Such a temptress."

"Keep on walking Wyatt and I'd keep your eye on the prize if I were you." I smirked, watching Phil pick him up, delivering the GTS and getting the pin.

I Jumped onto the apron, letting my flirtatious side come out as I bent low and stepped into the ring. Walking up to Phil I grabbed his hand, lifting it into the air. The crowd was insane and electrified and we grinned, turning each way. We were proving we were fine from the damage my promo did earlier. Wrapping an arm around my waist I exited the ring, Phil right behind me. We walked up the ramp as Phil's music played. Making our way back to the locker room he went to shower and I went and grabbed my bag from the Diva's. He was still in the shower when I got back and I suddenly remembered the note. Pulling it out I unfolded it. My heart sank in my chest as I read Seth's looping script.

Truce over Lila. Just watch your back. Make sure you know who your friends are.

My heart contracted as I crumpled it, throwing it in the garbage. I shook my head reminding myself who they were. It was getting hard with the memory of Mario Kart and toothpaste and grey blankets.