Chapter 50 TLC Part 1

TLC

I was surprisingly calm as I watched the start of TLC come on. This was my 2nd PPV

In the 3 months I had been back and I grinned, feeling confident. After my talk with Daniel, John, Seth and then Jeff I was feeling ready. Nikki, Brie and Alicia were the only ones in the room with us and we were lounging around, waiting for our matches. Steph and Hunter were in the ring and we booed loudly, laughing at our silliness.

"Ladies and gentleman we have an announcement to make here tonight that might not make anyone too happy." Steph announced, a fake sad expression on her face.

"There was a scheduled match between John Cena," Hunter cut in, the crowd erupting in cheers at his name, "And your WWE Heavyweight Champion, Randy Orton."

"Only Randy has already defended his title last week on RAW when The Big Show initiated his rematch clause which he did not win." Steph said sadly, "So we think that maybe this isn't the time to let John have his shot at Randy. So unfortunately we don't think this match should..."

My time is up, my time is now. You can't see me, my time is now...

Nikki had a furious look on her face as they made their announcement only to break out into a grin when she heard his music. He bounded out, looking angry and he slid into the ring, mic in hand, staring down the Authority.

"Really? Your little Randy not up to a challenge?" he taunted, getting in their face.

"Now John, we just don't want Randy to have so many title matches in a row here." Hunter tried to explain, only for John to wave his hand at him.

"And yet your Woman's Champ has defended her title what 3 times already?" John shouted, holding up three fingers to the crowd, riling them up.

"What is with everyone defending that woman?" Steph snapped, glaring at John.

"Because she earned her place here. She's talented and she doesn't take you and your bullshit." He shouted, face turning red.

"Why do I always get dragged into this shit?" I mumbled, resting my head against my fist.

"Because Lila you're the leader here. You may be a woman but you have stood up and faced down the Authority on so many occasions. You're giving everyone hope here. Like you said before, all it takes is one little spark and sweetheart you are a flame." Nikki grinned, reaching over to squeeze my hand.

I let a smile grow as I focused back in on the TV.

"Ok you want to cancel my match?" John questioned before turning to the arena, "The Authority says it's all about you guys here at the WWE! So tell me people, do you want to see Randy Orton defend his title against me here tonight?"

The crowd jumped to its feet, raising banners and lights, shouting their approval. John smirked as he surveyed the crowd before turning back to the furious Hunter and Stephanie.

"Your move." He murmured, dropping the mic and rolling out of the ring.

Hunter and Steph exchanged quick glances as John walked up the ramp. Steph was arguing but Hunter just shook his head, looking defeated before raising the mic to his lips. Steph was furious.

"Alright. The match goes on as planned."

The crowd erupted once again as he raised his hands, doing his signature. He walked out and the last thing we saw before commercials aired. I couldn't help the grin on my face. John had faced down the Authority and I had a feeling we had another supporter. There was a knock and John walked in, nearly being knocked over by an overjoyed Nikki