Chapter 60 Hotel Room Confrontation

Hotel Room

My hands were shaking as I sat on the armchair in my room, replaying Phil and AJ's conversation. After everything that AJ had put him through he still went back to her even after he knew I wouldn't stick around if she was there. He had made his choice and I had made mine. Suddenly there was a knock at the door and I stood up, walking towards it. I was already dressed for bed, shorts and a white tank top as it was nearly midnight. Opening the door I saw who it was and tried to slam it, only to have a sneaker clad foot stop it.

"Get your goddamn foot out of my door Punk, I'm not in the mood to hear your lies." I growled, pushing against the door.

"I'm not here to lie to you." He shook his head, pushing the door open firmly but gently.

I knew he was trying to be calm about it but I was past the point. Whirling I let him walk in, sitting back in the armchair, watching him shut the door and come to sit across from me. I crossed my legs and then my arms glaring at him with silver eyes. He rubbed a hand across his jaw, a few days' worth of scruff already growing.

"I hate the beard." I spoke simply, glaring at him.

"Lila, don't be childish. I'm trying to keep things civil between us." He stared back, flickering's of anger starting.

"I'm not being childish I'm stating a fact. I'm not lying to you and saying I like something when I can't stand it." I raised an eyebrow, watching his face fall into a frown.

"Ok I get it. Look I'm sorry but what do you want me to do here? I love her." He sighed, leaning forward hands clasped.

"I don't care what you do. That's the magic of a friendship ending." I laughed bitterly, watching his head jerk up, "That means whatever you do doesn't affect me because I don't have to care anymore. That also means you stay the hell out of my life and away from me."

"Lila I'm not staying away from you. You're still my best..." he tried to shake his head.

"You are not my best friend Punk. I'm done. I was going to choose you, you know? I made my choice and I just wanted us back the way we were but you just had to give in to AJ. I can say with confidence that she's going to make my life a living hell," I growled, voice getting louder and louder as I got more and more upset, "So on that note, get the hell out of my room!"

"October stop it! Just stop it!" he shouted, getting to his feet, eyes darkening with anger.

"You don't get to call me by my name anymore!" I yelled back, jumping up, staring him down.

There was a banging on my door but I didn't look away, staring up at him eyes narrowed. I didn't back down, my chest heaving up and down, anger flowing through my veins and the door slammed open. Phil turned away, a disbelieving look on his face when he saw Seth and Roman standing here, a key card in Seth's hand. They're eyes found Phil and hardened, realizing what was going on.

"Do they know you were going to choose me? Would they still help you if they know you were going to turn your back on them, on Roman, all over again?" he asked viciously.

I knew Phil had switched to the rare person I knew. When he got mad he pulled out all the stops, sinking to new lows to hurt the person he was pissed at. For the first time in my life that person was me.

"I assume Dean told them but I don't need them to take care of me. You were just leaving anyways." I growled, hands on my hips.

"Oh of course you told Ambrose. The Lunatic Fringe. Seems like you found someone who can match how fucked up and damaged you are." He chuckled darkly, his words hitting me in the chest, "Tell me, did you fuck him before or after our match with Paige?"

I sucked in a breath sharply, words piercing through my heart and I slapped him, using every ounce of strength I had. His head jerked to the side, taking a step back as he cheek turned pink. I was shaking from head to toe as he touched his lip, a drop of blood on his fingertip. He smiled manically, brown eyes glaring at me and he walked away, pushing past Roman and Seth who were staring him down.

"Get out." I whispered, not able to look at either of them.

"We heard shouting..." Seth started, and I held up a hand, forcing him to stop.

"Just get out!" I shrieked, pressing my hands to my forehead.

Roman walked towards me, even though he knew I was on the edge of losing it. I tried to breathe away the hurt in my chest and Roman reached out, touching my arm. I whirled, throwing his arm off of me. I pushed my hair from my head, eyes wild.

"Why did you have to do this? Why couldn't you have just left me alone? I was happy, for once in my miserable life Roman I was happy. You and the goddamn Authority just couldn't let me have one little thing in this company." I shouted, face flushing in anger.

"We're still here for you Lila. We're not going anywhere." Seth promised, coming up beside a distraught Roman.

"If you think I would go to you three you're crazier than I am. After what your bosses have done to my life I don't want you anywhere near me. Go back to being the Authorities guard dogs." I seethed, turning away from them.

They turned to go and I followed them, slamming the door once they were out of the room. Pressing my back against the door I sank down, head in my knees. I burst into tears, each beat of my heart making the ache worse and worse.

The two guys stood outside Lila's room, hearing her heartbreaking cries. Roman pressed a hand against the door, feeling the ache in his chest start. Seth ran a hand through his hair, eyes focused on the door. There was nothing they could do while she was this angry and upset. With Evolution and Night of Champions coming up they needed to stick closer together to the Authority.

"Come on Roman. We can't do anything about this anymore. If we get any closer to her and she continues sticking it to the Authority it's gonna be harder to do what we're told to." Seth sighed, putting a hand on Roman's arm.

"I can't leave her like this." He shook his head, hand still against the door.

The sound of her crying was breaking Seth's heart as well but he knew he couldn't help her, "I know but we have to. Come on."

Roman let his hand drop and followed his friend. As they rounded the corner they both looked one last time at the door before continuing on. Little did they know a choice was coming their way that would change their lives.