Fifteen

February 3rd, 2011

dear Arix,

waiting. waiting. waiting.

it's seems like i've been waiting forever to hear back from the contest people. i've been wondering around the house, agitated and anxious. thank goodness tomorrow's monday.

never thought i'd say that.

waiting as it rains. waiting in the sun. waiting under the oak tree with the breeze blowing past. waiting-

ah to hell with it. I'VE BEEN WAITING FOREVER.

i guess mum eventually got tired of my moaning and "hovering over her shoulder", as she said it. she told me to go check the website for when they'd be telling us who won. well what they said only made me fall onto the floor and call my mum a butt. she just walked into the kitchen and laughed.

basically, they read all the poems and choose about twenty for that age category. then they let you know if you're in the top twenty for your age group. then they get rid of a bunch and get down to five in each group. then they award the winner for that age group. so the winner will be announced around late march.

Arix, i think i'm going to die.

-Paige

- - -

A/N: Dedicated to cold_lady19 for being a wonderful person and for having the name Arix. That's where I heard the name and then when I was naming characters for this book the name kinda popped into my head and I was like "hey that's a interesting name". And I just recently remembered her name is Arix so yeah.

Also thanks so much for the 213 reads and 28 votes. You guys are amazing.

-Hannah