Make It Make Sense

Roe & Charlie

Roe P.O.V

I laid back on the picnic table at the basketball court. It felt so damn good outside today just chilling. I was suppose to make a run to meet up with this little shortie a bit later so I pulled out my phone to check the messages. Hell yeah she'd messaged me asking if I was sliding later on. Only if you wear something sexy for me, I sent and waited for the bottom of the message to show a read receipt. I smiled. This little bronze was a baddie and I couldn't wait to see what she was on since she'd play hard ball for so long. I put the phone down and watched Charlie run up and throw the ball through his legs, do a spin, took one step and dunked the ball. OOOOO I screamed that shit was cold, with my fist up to my mouth. My brother even being in his thirties still was a beast on the court. If we never lived this life, and had more than hustling, he could've been the next Kobe. Better yet the next MJ. 

Ding, a message came through and I looked down at my phone again. You already know I got you just be patient. I smirked at the screen. Oh yeah shorty you don't know what you about to get yourself into. I looked up as Charlie started walking towards me, shirt off and sweat dripping off his forehead. "Aye we need to get going don't we? What time were we suppose to pull up on Mace on the North end?" He said all out of breath. I watched the little shorties he played with, hell some taller than him, start walking off the court too and picking up their things. I stood up and dusted my black jeans off, checked the lips of my shoes to make sure they still looked decent. Sure enough I still looked good. I smiled again, the gold on my teeth definitely shined and I adjusted my black LV Peacoat and white turtleneck. "Yeah we were but that fool was just chilling and tryna track down Ty bitch ass so he could ask about that work he was fronted. The nigga a few days late on dropping the money off and Pac hate when mothafuckas late." I said and shrugged. 

Charlie laughed a little bit and said "hell yeah you know that nigga don't like the money fucked with." He sat down and pulled out his water bottle from his bookbag and took a few swigs as I continued glancing at my phone to see if shortie messaged me back. He noticed and shook his head. 

"Ms. Blue shorts must finally be giving a nigga some play, the way you keep glancing at that phone." He said. I smirked a bit. 

"You know I ain't stunting no bitch, " I said and dapped him up as he shook his head at me. 

"Nigga you say that but this ain't a little sneaky link. Shorty got a lot going for herself and got big plans, didn't you say?" He said as he took another swig of the water.

I looked at him and shifted the weight from one foot to the other. "Yeah Lacey ain't your regular hit and quit. She owns a small beauty salon in Egypt, VA, two hair stores and has been looking to purchase the old Target over on Murphysboro or some shit." 

Thinking back.

I thought about it for a few minutes. I'd met Lacey as I was coming out of the Mall and noticed this 5'7 ft woman with her hair in a pony tail, nice little plump ass in a regular t-shirt and blue shorts looking through the old Target windows. I walked over behind her not trying to be quiet and must've been too quiet because I asked "How are you suppose to see something with paper covering the windows?" Her ass about jumped twenty feet in the air but turned to look at me. "Boy, don't walk up on someone like that, she said and grasped her chest. "I'm just looking, it's a public place ain't it?" She asked me. 

I heard her but I was too busy looking at her face. Shorty had a brown cream complexion, with thin eyes like a chinese person, yeah her lashes were done but they weren't on her face like rakes; in fact they looked like they were her natural lashes. She had a little button nose with a small earring in it and some juicy lips. I skimmed her body a second time and put my hands up on a defense. "I didn't mean to scare you I just was wondering how you were going to see through that window." She turned back around to look again. 

"I can see enough." 

"You looking to break in or somethin? I asked and squinted in confusion. 

She turned around so I could see that cute little face of hers again and I smiled as I noticed her being agitated from me being nosey. "You definitely nosey, you own this motherfucka or something? Please don't ever make it seem like I'm a bum or a thief or something I was just looking." She turned and rolled her eyes at me and started heading to the parking lot. Hell, if she only knew Charlie, Pac and me did own most of this block and the next. Hell we even own several warehouses on the East side and a several houses. 

"Naw I don't own it but I know a good realtor who may be able to get you a deal?" She had her head down and in her phone, scrolling. "Oh you know a realtor?" She said and chuckled. 

"I do actually and I'm sure as you can see, " I turned and put my hand out showing the area around us that didn't look like shit since it was mostly run down, "this area is lacking some new business, I'm sure she could use the sales too. She's even a black lady." I switch my bags to my other hand as I fumbled in my pocket for my wallet and handed her a card for my realtor. "You know we need more support on small businesses, "I smiled making sure to show my golds and turned to walk off. I walked off the sidewalk and hit the trunk button on my AMG650 coupe.

She walked up to me and asked, " You own property?"

"I might." I answered still putting my bags in the truck. I moved back and hit the button and turned to face her. Then I stuck my hand out, and so did she. We shook. 

"Roe" I said. "Lacey" she said. 

I looked over at Charlie, this nigga might actually be right. This woman wasn't just some ass, this beautiful little sexy woman had a mind. She might be a problem for me. 

I was so wrapped up in thinking about Lacey's that I didn't even realize that Charlie had gotten his sweats on, beenie, and checked his phone for messages. "Aye," he said, "We need to pull up downtown and see if Mario got that money too. If not Pac gone look upside our heads." He pulled his 9mm out of his bookbag and stuck it in his holder on the side of his pants, and through his bookbag on his back. I looked at the court one more time, the sun going down, the kids gone in the house and the quiet starting to creep in. I pulled my 9mm out of my waistband and checked to make sure it was ready. 

I put it back and followed after Charlie. Let's see what else we can get into.