Just Keep Singing

Song of the Chapter: Perfect Strangers by Jonas Blue

Guys any song suggestions?
I know this chapter is kinda short but I'm too tired.

Emma's POV

"You were looking at me like you wanted to stay, when I saw you yesterday."

Oh, that beautiful, beautiful song by Jonas Blue .

"MAYBE WE'RE PERFECT STRANGERS, MAYBE IT'S NOT FOREVER,MAYBE THE NIGHT WILL CHANGE US, MAYBE WILL STAY TOGETHER, MAYBE WE'LL WALK AWAY, MAYBE WE'LL  REALIZE, WE'RE ONLY HUMAN, BABY WE DON'T NEED NO REASON" I sing my heart out.

" God! I think I liked you better when you were depressed"
Cassie shouts from her bed as she throws the duvet over her.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean that, I just-your just a super bad singer" She said her eyes looking at the ground

"It's fine Cass, I kinda am depressing most of the time. TODAY IS A BEAUTIFUL DAY THOUGH! Is the sun always so bright? It's like a bajillion miles away yet it shines as a high brightness IPAD screen"

"What even?"
Cassie sits up and gives me a questioning look.

Okay, I may sound a bit high. But yesterday, I slept like a bear hibernating.

It's the first time in months that I've had a full 8 hour non interrupted sleep. Mr Yang, thankfully, gave me much needed much deserved break the rest of the week.

Well, it's only from Thursday to Sunday, cause he has some kind of Chinese holiday.

I asked him if it involves noodles, and he made me do 200 extra push ups.

"CUPCAKE CASSIE WAKE UP! WE HAVE AN EDUCATION TO LEARN"

I sing to her. She is kind of right though, my voice really sucks.

Doesn't mean I have to stop singing.

" WHAT A FEELING TO BE A KING BESIDE YOU SOMEHOW, I WISH I CAN BE THERE NOW"

oh wait that's another song.

anyways.

I continue  singing as I head to the shower.
You know what they say, just keep singing.
Or swimming, doesn't really matter
--------

45 minutes later, I head to class, and surprisingly, people are starting to know me.

Which is a really really bad thing.

Shit, I was supposed to be on the down low. I didn't want anyone to know me or give me high fives on the way to class. That was part of the deal.

Just go to lectures, study in your dorm, and practice with Mr.Yang.

If my parents find out, I'm sure as hell they're going to make me drop out. I'd be lying though, if I said I didn't kind of like it.

Everything in my life has been on the down low and secretive. I've been homeschooled, well if you call me studying a page every week an education.

And even fighting, I do it wearing a mask, so I don't really take any credit.

It feels kind of nice to be appreciated for once.

Anyways, I've had a few classes today. I've discovered I actually enjoy Phycology, which was a subject I've tried every possible way to get out off except it's mandatory for a Business major. Accounting was awful as usual since the professor literally thinks we're little Einsteins when the smartest people of us can barely solve a Profit equations.

And then comes the class which I used to love, Marketing.

However, when I was preparing for another prank or joke or even a smirk from Jerkpants, he wasn't even there.

I would incredibly enjoy the pleasure of saying that class was amazing or even that for the first time I listened to what Professor Springfield, but unfortunately somehow class wasn't the same without the feeling of that asshole lurking in the back.

Whatever.

I'm sure it's just cause I got used to annoying someone. And he's probably just ditching cause he thinks that he's cool like that. Whatever, I hope he wastes his life.

After class, I barely get enough time to grab a dinner then it was study time. I had a lot of shitty homework and shitty projects and essays and just a whole load of stuff.

And I thought having a break from Mr.Yang would give me some free time.

---------------

Few days later, and still no sign of Jerkpants.

Not that I've noticed or anything.

He either dropped the class or dropped dead. Because no way would he miss that much lectures without failing.

After day number 8, not that I'm counting, I finally decided to be the caring and good human being.

"Wait here,pretty boy, where's your idiotic half?"

"I would say attached to my body, but I'm pretty sure you're talking about my dear friend Vincent" he says with a smirk

What is it with those guys and their smirks and winks?
Not that I should be complaining, they're both hot as sin, annoying yes, but hot.

Scooter is a bit different than Jerkpants, he gives off the cool but approachable vibe. With his spiky hair, and really oversized clothes, he looks like he came straight out of an 80s movie.

The color of his tshirts ,though,
always match his olive skin perfectly.
He's never worn black so far, unlike me which is basically the color of everything I have.

"Yes, Jerkpants, and I'm only asking cause I wanna decide when to throw his gone-too-soon-but-glad-he's-dead party"

" Aw, would you look at that, you guys already passed the nickname stage." He places  his hand on his heart in a fake awe.

"Vince is perfectly fine, he was just taking care of some family business. I'm sure he'll be here this week."
He says.

" too bad, I was going to get free booze"
I say as I turn my back and walk out of the room like a boss.

I don't even have time to worry about that moron cause today is the 3rd to final fight.

And I'm gonna kick ass.