(Mini Ladd x Reader) The Hunters Pt. 2

Start from the beginning

"Yo, y/n!" I heard Wildcat yell. I turned around to see him stride forward, a big smile on his face.

"Let's go hunting," he said, his hand on my shoulder. I smirked.

"Sure, let me put on some older clothes real quick," I told him, running upstairs. Craig was there, and I nearly ran into him.

"Whoa, slow down there. Where ya going?" he asked.

"Hunting with Wildcat," I said, quickly stripping my clothes and putting on some older, blood stained ones. I rushed back down stairs and out the front door to see Ty waiting.

"Let's roll," he said, breaking into a jog. I followed and we jogged through the forest.

"I decided to set some traps earlier, so let's check those first." I nodded and we took a turn towards some thicker trees and bushes. We slowed and he made his way to his first trap. I heard skittering and chaos as we neared. Caught in a small cage was a rabbit. For a minute, I felt kinda bad for it.

"Well, sorry lil guy," he said. With that, he grabbed it by the neck and quickly snapped it.

"We'll eat this one for a snack," he said. I smiled and we teared into the warm flesh. He took out the small heart and took a bite out of it, handing the rest to me. I ate it in one bite and we took a little of the rest of the meat. We both enjoyed fresh rabbit a lot.

A human heart would have been much more satisfying.

So juicy, so delicious.

I could hide the body.

"Hey!" A hand suddenly shook my shoulder. "Stop thinking about it," he said, giving me a stern look.

"How do you do it?" I asked, standing up. He sighed, scratching the back of his head and standing up as well.

"It's difficult, but I just think of the potential danger I could put you all in if I killed a human." We started walking through the forest.

"I could hide it," I mumbled to myself.

"The more you kill, the stronger the temptation gets. And then you get sloppy with hiding the body." He made a turn. "Even so, there's still a chance of the body being discovered with the best of hiding skills. And someone will most certainly see the blood from the kill."

He has a point.

"So that's how you keep your temptations at bay? Us?" I asked, slightly surprised.

"Yeah," he said. "If you guys got hurt or killed from hunters because of my actions, I wouldn't be able to forgive myself." We approached a trap cage with another rabbit in it. Wildcat did the same as before, grabbing the rabbit by neck and snapping it. We ate the heart and some of the meat. My thoughts of human heart came back again, but I did my best to shake them away.

"Now," he said, standing back up. "We try to find a few bigger animals for dinner. I nodded and we went deeper into our forest, keeping a close eye out for animal tracks and other signs of large game. Suddenly, footsteps rang in my ear. I looked to Wildcat and he heard the same.

"Those are too large to be deer steps," he whispered, moving swiftly behind the brush.

"Bear?" I asked quietly. He shook his head.

"Have you ever seen any sign of bears in this forest before?" he asked. I shook my head.

"Same here," he whispered. I listened closely for any other sounds.

"It's the hunters again," he whispered, a hint of worry in his voice. Anxiety filled my body.

"...must be close. For all of them to ambush us like that the other night. Their home must be here." one said. The footsteps got closer. I looked to Tyler, who just told me to stay still and keep quiet. Just then, the two men passed by us, weapons in hand. My breathing hitched, both scared for my life and the others, but the temptation coming back, very strongly.

I could see Wildcat fighting the urge as well, him having a very difficult time. His eyes were closed, breathing irregular, beads of sweat on his forehead. I put my hand on his shoulder. His head whipped over to me, and I could see his fangs had emerged and his nails had grown out.

Suddenly, I lost balance from my kneeling position and fell back on my butt, a twig snapping underneath me.

Please don't be heard. Please.

The hunters turned around, doubling back, seeing Wildcat and I on the ground, trying to hide. I could feel my fangs emerging and my nails growing.

Not now.

Wildcat was in no position to even speak right now. Fighting the urge to kill these two human hunters was taking its toll on him.

"Please don't hurt us," I pleaded, my fangs more than likely showing while I spoke. They looked down on us with emotionless stares.

"Where's the rest of your pack?" the one with short hair asked.

"Please, please, don't hurt us." I spoke yet again, getting worried about Tyler. His face was pale, eyes squeezed shut, his hands trembling.

I'm so sorry Ty.

"Where?" the one with long hair asked, looking down at Tyler now.

"They didn't do anything, it was me," I said, desperate. "Please don't hurt my family. It was my fault. It's my fault there's a dead human. Take me, don't punish them."

"Y/n," I heard Tyler speak, weakly. "Don't."

"It's my fault they're here though," I said. "I won't let you all suffer for my mistake."

The two hunters exchanged glances, looking back down to us.

"Not good enough."

This is getting pretty long, so I'm ending it here. Part three on its way. Happy Thanksgiving!

Love you all,

-Alex <3