Chapter 18 ~A Shadow~

(This will be back with Becca and Bliss)

          Becca sat in a tree with Bliss beside her. She carved into a piece of wood not caring about how it looked but it helped take away the sadness and anger, wrong, it didn't take nothing away. She stopped and sighed and looked over to her daughter who also had the same look of sadness on her face as she had. She put on a sad smile and wrapped her arm around her small frame. "Mommy, do you think daddy will ever come back home?" Becca sighed and looked down at Bliss. "I don't know dear, I don't know."

          Becca picked her up and climbed down the tree til she felt the earth touch her feet. She let go of the tree and walked towards the direction of their home as she carried Bliss in her arms. When they reached home, Bliss was asleep in Becca's arms and was softly snoring with her eyes closed. Becca smiled at her child but was put back in a frown when she knew Singh was not here with them. She walked inside and laid Bliss on the pile of blankets and covered her with one. She kissed her forehead and walked out slightly closing the door.

         Becca picked up her bag that she used to carry the fruits and supplies she finds back home. She knew Bliss was safe at home since she usually was alone and was always there when Becca came back, so she walked inside the forest getting further away from her home.

             She stopped at a familiar patch of berries that stood beside a tree of apples. Becca smiled and dropped the bag beside the bush and opened it. She started to pick off berries and putting it in the bag but after a few minutes, she heard a twig snap. Becca stopped and turned around not seeing nothing. She looked for a few moments and decided it was just a animal and went back to the berry bush. That is til she heard another twig snap.

            Becca turned around again and for the second time, didn't see anyone or anything. Just trees and grass for miles. She was about to turn back around that is, til she saw something black run by. "Hello?" She looked around not seeing anything but she knew she saw something. But after a few seconds of silence, Becca decided to get away and go back home.

            She quickly picked up her bag that was filled with berries and a few apples and started to quickly walk back home, not wanting to be there anymore. But up above her was Singh, and even though he felt anger when he saw her, he also felt a small amount of love and happiness when he saw her. But she wanted to kill him, so he was angry at her. Right?

Here's a new chapter and happy Thanksgiving! 🦃🍽

And 100 more views and I'll be at 1k! Yay!🤗😁