Chapter 8 ~A Moment Of Love~

Becca and Singh finally arrived back home and was of course welcomed back with a big hug from Bliss. And of course, they hugged her back. "Hey sweetie, did you miss us?" Becca asked and Bliss nodded, "Yeah! And can you please tell me what happened? Please!" Becca shook her head and sighed,"Sorry baby, but I can tell you that you need to be careful, don't go in the forest and especially don't go near one of the men you saw, ok?" Bliss nodded and let go of them and Singh ruffled her hair and she laughed and ran off with Singh chasing after her.

         Becca laughed as the two played but was immediately turned into a frown when she knew her and her family aren't safe anymore. She sighed and looked towards the forest, and if you just glance at it you think it's the safest place ever, but if you really stop and look, you see pain and fear. And that was exactly how Becca felt.

          Singh and Bliss played for a while, but they stopped when Bliss yawned and rubbed her eyes. "Come in honey, let's get you to bed." Becca said as she picked up her child who yawned but still said, "But I'm not tired." She smiled and laid her on the pile of rags that laid in the middle of two other piles of rags that she and Singh slept on. "Fine, but you need to go to sleep, I'll see you in the morning, ok?" Bliss yawned again and smiled as she nodded and even before Becca walked away, she was fast asleep. Becca smiled and walked outside and saw Singh on top of a building. She smiled and saw a ladder that lead up on the building and she climbed up slowly walking up to the back of Singh.

            She sat down beside him and looked up at the sky gazing up at the night sky that was light up by billions of stars that seemed to make galaxies. Becca smiled to herself but didn't noticed that Singh wasn't looking at the sky, but at her. Becca looked over at Singh but even though he had no eyes, she could tell that he had love in his face. She smiled and laid her head on his shoulder and he laid his head on top of her head. They probably sat there together for hours of the night, just gazing up at the stars forgetting about their troubles. But soon, Becca dozed off to sleep, leaning on Singh with her eyes closed, dreaming. And it didn't take much for Singh to fall asleep with her.

           Becca smiled in her sleep when she felt Singh wrap his arms around her as he slept and she wished that nothing will tear her family apart. Or take her daughter away from them. And through the night, they slept together under the stars in peaceful silent but also with love. But this would be the last time they will have a moment together. And they had no idea what will happen in the next few days.