Chapter 11 ~Attack On Home~

When Bliss found her way back home, she looked around not seeing her parents. "I thought they would be back by now." She said to herself but was proven wrong when she heard her name being called. "Bliss!" She ran towards the direction of the voice and saw her mother inside a building. But before she could walk over to them, she was grabbed from behind and pushed inside the building.

            She looked over and saw her father closing the door and breaking the remote on the door, locking us inside. Bliss was confused and asked, "What's going on?" Becca pushed down the metal coverings that covered the windows, making the room dark and having no way to get out of the room. "The Marines found us, but they don't know that we live here, they just know your father is here." Becca said as she held her child as Singh made sure they couldn't get inside. "But don't worry, they can't get inside." Bliss held onto her mother now feeling fear when she heard voices and gun shots outside. Becca soothed her as she rubbed her back. But after a couple of minutes of hearing gun shots and voices, it stopped.

           Becca looked around as she held Bliss in her arms and Singh slowly walked over to the door not hearing anything or anyone. He looked over to his mate and child and heard a small voice somewhere. He slowly walked around the room hearing the voice but didn't hear it outside, but from above them.

           Singh looked up and quietly hissed and saw a vent in the corner of the ceiling. And from living here for five years, he knew that vent was behind a shelf so if he went through it, he wouldn't be seen from the shelf. He walked underneath it and turned to Becca. She nodded and whispered, "Go." And he nodded and climbed through the vent, leaving the sight of his family, and into the war zone that he didn't know that awaited him in the room above him.

            When Singh slowly got out of the vent, he didn't see anyone. Just a computer, a couple of shelfs, and a locked door that leads to a metal staircase that goes to the room where Becca and Bliss are in. He slowly walked around looking in every direction not seeing anyone. So where was the voice that came from here? Singh was about to go back to his family when he didn't see anyone, til he heard the voice again. He looked around and heard the voice closer to the desk the computer was on and when he walked towards it, he titled his head wondering why was a voice coming from here. That is til he opened the only drawer and saw a small device inside it. He was confused, that is til a voice he will never forget talked through the device, "Hello Singh, seems like your time is up."

Who was the voice? What will happen next? Find out in the next chapter!