XIV

It was first light, when Dastan and the Witch walked out from the mansion doors and beyond the fog barrier. Everyone else was still asleep besides Gwaine, who stood watching them leave until he couldn't see them no more. Reluctantly he walked back side, locking the door behind him. They walked quietly for a while before she stopped, and held onto his shoulder and shut her eyes. Dastan felt his insides twist and turn, his head spun.

His body felt like it was being ripped from every end before he felt the comfort of the ground underneath him once more. He opened his eyes to see he was standing outside a large grey wall. He went to take a step forward, only to stumble, losing his balance, drunk with a headache, before the Witch steadied him.

"Careful, teleporting can take this sort of effect on people. Which is why we won't be able to teleport back when we find your friend" She warned him as he frowned at her, as he regained his balance.

"What do you mean?" He gruffed as she just pursed her lips.

"You will see" Was all she told him as they started making their way forward. Just before they walked in through the gates the Witch turned to him once more.

"Now understand this, you have no magic which means they won't want you there, so you won't be seen." She whispered to him as he nodded and followed on after her as he noticed it was dark, yet light. He looked around him to see the place was alight with a silver fluorescent light before he looked to the sky. It looked nothing like the moon he was used to, it was hard to look at as he squinted his eyes. It was like a sun, but made from pure silver and swirled with black clouds like a ring.

"It's called the Sïæξ. It means Silver sun" She explained not looking back at him. Dastan just nodded as they kept on walking. Loud music was blazing through the streets as he saw Witches running towards the music laughing. He saw Wizards in long black cloaks walking solemnly, just liked she said. They took no notice of him like he wasn't there. Dastan paused as he saw a woman, dusting the streets, her eyes were pale, fogged as if clouds hovered over her eyes. She had scars running down the sides of her cheeks and that crossed over her eyes. Witches chuckled and hissed when they walked past as Dastan frowned.

"She's a broken witch, blind and powerless. If you break the law or seen as a threat they break you, unless they want to torture you as a Ęnbt witch" She hissed in his ear, as he couldn't break his eyes away from her, she was dressed in bright red, before he followed on after his guide. They made it across the empty square before Dastan was pulled behind a wall, he would have yelped but he saw it was the Witch who pulled him behind as he frowned and followed her gaze.

The men he had seen dressed in long black cloaks were coming out from a door ahead of her, on held a chalice that was bubbling and steaming, that made the witch beside Dastan gulp. Another man taller than the others, with patterned markings on his cloak, walked in front.

"She must be very important to get the Warlocks involved!" The witch hissed in Dastan's ear causing him to frown. Warlocks were seen in the highest regard, powerful men and woman of the parliament court. They were often seen as ambassadors to other realms, but under all their honey coated words and smiles, they all had their own selfish ambitions.

"Anything yet?" The Warlock asked with a thick accent, as they listened.

"Nothing! She won't last much longer though, we will break her, prepare the ïolped." They spoke as Dastan felt the witch grip onto him with fright.

"They'll kill her" She whispered horrified.

"That will make her give in. The council won't wait much longer" They nodded and walked off as Dastan turned to the Witch who looked terrified.