Chapter sixteen: The bride

Jungkook slightly smiled and looked back at the road.

"Thank you, Jihye. I appreciate your support." He said.

I smiled back but there was no happiness in it.

What would happen if I had said how I felt?

Would he change his mind?

Before I knew it, we reached the backyard of the church and we both got out the car.

Jungkook led me into a room which I assumed was the bride's changing room.

Then I saw her.

She was wearing an elegant white wedding gown with her black locks of hair resting on her shoulder.

Cheonsa.

"Jihye, this is Cheonsa. Cheonsa, Jihye," Jungkook said awkwardly.

Surprisingly, Cheonsa smiled at me. But I could tell it was fake.

There was a long silence among us.

"...Cheonsa, I thought you wanted to talk to Jihye?" Jungkook finally said, playing with his fingers.

"Yes, but didn't I say alone? Christ, Jungkook. How bad is your hearing?" Cheonsa replied rudely, her face showing disgust.

I was taken a back.

This is the girl Jungkook described as nice and not at all mean?

Jungkook nodded hesitantly and left. I looked at him with a concern look.

"You, my face is here," Cheonsa started.

I looked at her with a confused face.

"Excuse me? It's Jihye. Where are your manners?" I said, my nose scrunching up.

"Where are your manners? I made you my maid-of-honor. You should be proud." She replied, still having that disgusted face on.

I rolled my eyes. "You made me your maid-of-honor? No, honey. I agreed to it, because I know you got no other friends to do it for you."

"Let's just cut to the case. Jungkook told me about the fights between you and him. And I'm not letting anything get into our marriage. Jungkook is my sweetheart." She said in a bimbotic tone while batting her eyelashes. It just made me sick.

"Whatever, at least your wedding is still happening. Appreciate a little more, hun." I replied.

She scoffed. "Now, go away."

I gladly left the room and found Jungkook sitting down on a bench. He looked so lost.

Good luck with that witch, Jungkook.

I waved my hand in front of his face and he looked up. I smiled.

"What happened?" He asked.

"Well, I just wanted to say, when you guys move in together, you've got a lot to teach her about manners," I laughed.

"Oh god, I'm so sorry I left you alone with her." He said while cupping my face in his hands. "Did she hurt you anywhere?" He asked with concern in his voice.

I laughed and held his wrists to put it down. "Better not to do that now. You're her sweetheart." I said, looking down.

He stood up and held my hand.

"Come, I got something to show you." He said, pulling me to go with him.