Chapter Thirty two

Jungkook and I sat down at the dining table and stayed quiet. Jungkook was the first one to ask questions.

"Where's Aunt Kim?"

"She moved in with a guy out of town,"

"Oh,"

"How about you? Why are you back in Korea?" I asked.

Jungkook chuckled. "Why did you ask that? You don't want me back?"

I kicked him from under the table.

"Ok!Ok, I'll tell....Turns out I had no interest in Cheonsa's family working business. Like at all. Like you said, I had to make my own choices. So, I managed to open up my own business in America and earn my own money. I continued on until I got enough money to at least give some money to my parents. Then... I divorced with Cheonsa and went back here," Jungkook explained.

I stared at him with awe.

"Wow," I said.

He took my hands and held them tightly.

"I'm sorry I left you, Jihye," he said, and he sounded serious.

"It's ok, at least you're here now," I said with a smile.

He nodded and continued holding my hands.

"I've got no place to stay in yet, can I stay in yours?" He asked with a lot of aegyo.

I laughed. "Of course, if only you make us milkshake,"

He nodded readily and rushed to the kitchen.

I sat still at the dining table and was lost in thought.

He actually came back.

He came back with vanilla milkshakes a few minutes later.

"Your parents moved about 3 blocks down. You know that right?" I said.

"Yeah... I haven't talked to them in a long time. They were kind of disappointed when I refused to work with Cheonsa's family," he replied looking sad.

"So you're a doctor now? My Jihye's all grown up!" he said while grinning. "Your parents would be proud,"

I smiled back.

I got a message from my boss.

"Tomorrow's your off day. Rest well Jihye" -Mr Min Yoongi

"You can sleep in the spare bedroom tonight. You should visit your parents tomorrow," I said.

Jungkook nodded.

A few hours later

Jungkook and I had cuddled watching Kdrama while it was pouring outside, making the house colder. I started to get sleepy. I looked at the time. 11pm.

"Im going to sleep now," I mumbled.

"Aigoo, you're still a early sleeper," Jungkook complained.

"I know, but I'm just tired and I've not been getting enough sleep nowadays,"

"Ok then, goodnight,"

"Goodnight."