Chapter twenty six: Time for goodbyes

I woke up and realized I had slept crying. I sat upright.

Today's the day, huh?

I checked at my phone for any messages.

"I'll be at terminal 3, row 7. Pls be there" -JK

I looked at the time.

5 more hours.

I had five more hours to spend with Jungkook.

I laid back on my bed and was lost in thought.

Did the confession mean anything to him?

Did it just make things more awkward between us?

I decided to make a visit to the swings. 

>magical time skip<

I sat down and looked at the picture in the pendant.

He was squeezing my face, making me look like a fish, while he was laughing like a hyena. I laughed quietly.

I suddenly felt a slight push which startled me, making me fall backwards. Luckily, I fell into someone's arms.

I looked behind and my eyes widened. My face was barely two inches away from Jungkook's.

"H-hi," I stuttered, looking away.

"You wanna go to the airport now?" He asked while playing with my hair.

"But it's too early. By the way, where's Cheonsa?" I asked while slightly swinging.

"She went off to America first." He answered. "If we go early, we can get milkshakes," he put his head on my shoulder.

I nodded, and I got up.

I helped him get his luggage into the black Ferrari and were off to the airport with Namjoon driving.

>magical time skip again and now they're in the airport.<

After we waved Namjoon goodbye as he dropped us off at the airport, we sat down in Baskin's Robins.

We sipped on our milkshake, a silent aura around us.

He suddenly held my hand and stared at me with a serious look. I look at him, confused.

"You better not die on me while I'm away," he said, grinning like an idiot.

This kid... even in this time, he could still make me smile.

"And you should try and love Cheonsa," I laughed. He stuck out his tongue in disgust.

I looked at my watch.

2 hours.

We walked around the airport, wasting our time, till our hands were freezing from holding our milkshakes for too long.

Before we knew it, it was time.

When we reached the terminal, his parents were there, waiting to send him off.

He looked at me with sad eyes and I looked back.

He held my hand, put the pendant in it and brought it over to his lips.

He kissed it.

"Don't ever forget us, Jihye," he said after he kissed my hand.

He then kissed my forehead and pulled me into a tight hug.

"I'll miss you." He whispered, and he was beginning to tear up.

I hugged him tighter.

"I'll miss you too,"

He let me go and waved goodbye. He ran over to his parents to say his goodbyes to them.

I looked at them from a distance and smiled.

Tears started streaming down my face.

I will never forget us.