Chapter seven

"Jihye, if you ever feel lonely, just come to these swings and wait for me." He said with a grin. I just smiled.

Will you actually come for me?

We decided to go home after some hours of ranting. Since our homes were just across the street from each other, Jungkook walked me home. Before I entered my house, Jungkook grabbed my hand. I looked at him with a confused expression.

"Jihye, send my prayers to your parents." He said.

I pursed my lips and nodded. He waved goodbye and I slightly smiled.

I dove into my bed and screamed into a pillow.

Jungkook, did I just fall for you all over again?

I whipped out my phone and began messaging my friend: Lisa

"Yo Lisa. I need to talk to you abt Jk. Reply asap!!" -Jihye

"Sup. JK? Isn't he your childhood friend that u liked since you were 6? What do you need to talk abt?😏" -Lisa

"Shut up!! 😂 anyways, I suddenly felt something while hanging out with him today. Like it's a familiar feeling." -Jihye

"It's called a crush, pabo!🙄 that's why it's familiar." -Lisa

"No it's not! The crush ended a long time ago. It's never going happen again.. idk man" -Jihye

"Stop lying to yourself. Your feelings are starting to act up and the crush is back!" -Lisa

"Maybe." -Jihye

We stopped messaging and I went into the office where my parents portraits were. I lit up a candle and placed it on the table below it. I knelt down and my eyes started to tear up.

"Mom, dad. It's been three years since you both passed on. I really hope you guys are enjoying yourselves in heaven. I met Jungkook earlier today. He also hopes you guys are happy." I prayed while silently crying.

The sound of Jungkook barging into the house put me back into my senses.

"JIHYE!! Did you take my black pen? I need it!" He shouted from the front door. "Where are you?"

"In here." I answered, quickly wiping away the tears.