Chapter nine

The week passed and Jungkook seemed upset most of the time. I tried to cheer him up sometimes and it would work, but he would go back to the same glum face.

"Jungkook, are you ok?" I asked while pouting. I can't stand seeing Jungkook unhappy.

"I'm fine, really." He answered with a slight smile, but I couldn't sense any happiness in it.

"Tell me the truth before I throw out all of your white tees away and burn them." I said cheekily.

He looked at me wide-eyed. "Don't actually do that, Jihye, I will kill you." He laughed.

"Well, you're not telling me, so-"I said while I got up from the dining table in my house.

He grabbed my hand. "Ok! Ok! I'll tell you. Just sit down."  He said in a panicky tone. I laughed at his love for white tees.

"So... you know the 'thing' my parents said about solving the bankrupt problem? Turns out I'm the core to the whole thing..." He said, his words trailing off.

I frowned. I was getting impatient. "What do you mean?" I questioned.

He breathed in and exhaled sharply. "Well, my parents made a deal with another family. The deal is..." he started. I just stared at him with a confused face and he stared back.

"The deal is that I have to marry the other family's daughter so that they will accept my family into their working business. It means that my family will get money again." My heart fell. All I could do was stare at him.

Married...?

There was a long silence between us. The feeling inside me was making me uneasy.

"...and you agreed to it?" I asked in a small voice.

"I had no choice, Jihye. It's for my family." He answered almost at once.

"But this is just a deal! You're going to waste your first marriage to a deal? That's pathetic and crazy!" I shouted and Jungkook could sense the anger in my voice.

"There is no other way, Jihye! My family could barely put food on the table and this deal helps us a lot! Do you understand?" Jungkook shouted and there was anger shown on his face.

All I did was stare at him. We had a few fights here and there on other days, but this one was serious. He stood up.

"I'm leaving now. Thanks for inviting me over." He said quietly and left the house.