Twice The Love, Twice The Hate. I Just Had To Fall For Twins. {25}

“Hey Shane,” I said with a small smile, sitting down with him during study hall. “Hi Luna,” he mumbled quietly. He was so shy. So scared of the world. How could this adorable kid be twins with someone as cold hearted as Shawn?

                “Do you want to hang out together afterschool?” I asked and he shrugged. “Sure. Want to go get food with Shawn at the restaurant?” I nodded. Good. Let Shawn be there. I wanted to see what he would do.

                So afterschool, the three of us drove over to the restaurant and went inside. “Oh my favorite little brats. What are you doing here?” Chris asked, coming over and eying the twins with a huge smirk. “We’re here to get food. Duh,” Shawn said and slipped his arm around my waist.

                I would play along until he decided to do something. Then I would show him that I was ready to beat his sorry ass down for trying to break me, and for hurting Shane.

                “Well, let’s get you 3 seated. Business is slow today,” he said with a sigh and led us to a table. We sat down, me sitting with Shawn and Shane sitting across from us.

                “Ayo Jordan!” Chris called. Jordan came bouncing over with a huge smile. “Yea daddy?” he asked and Chris leaned down and picked him up. “Come on. We’re taking these losers’ orders together, okay?” Jordan nodded happily. “Yea! I’m ready!”

                “Well? Drinks?” Chris asked and we gave him our drink orders. “You got that brat?” he asked Jordan and Jordan nodded furiously. “Yea, yea! Two mountain dews and a Sierra mist,” he said proudly and we all laughed. Chris kissed his cheek lovingly and carried him away to get our drinks.

                “I like the way Uncle Chris treats his kids. I mean, Jordan was an accident, but he’s not a bitch to Jordan. He’s nice to Jordan,” Shawn said, glancing at the menu causally. “Well, our parents are nice to us too Shawn,” Shane said quietly, giving him a confused look.

                Shawn shook his head. “Dad is. Not mom. She’s a bitch. If she didn’t want kids, she shouldn’t have fucked dad when she was 15.” “Shawn, dad’s the one that has anger issues. Mom’s the only reason our family hasn’t fallen apart yet. She can’t help it if she gets stressed out. Just because she gets mad when you drink and insult her, it doesn’t make her mean,” Shane said defensively.

                “Shut up Shane. She’s a bitch,” Shawn growled and Shane instantly fell silent, letting his hair fall into his eyes as he read the menu. “Calm down, Shawn. Why do you have to be mean to him? You’re the one that’s acting like a bitch,” I said with a deep frown. Why did he have to be so mean to Shane?

                He glared at me but didn’t say anything. “I’m going to the bathroom,” he said and left the table. Shane glanced at me shyly. “Th-Thanks for sticking up for m-me,” he said and blushed. “It’s no problem Shane. He has no right to be mean to you like that,” I said gently and he went back to looking at his menu.

                Chris and Jordan came over with our drinks. “Don’t spill it Jordan,” Chris said as the little boy carefully handed Shane his drink. Shane smiled softly. “Thank you Jordan.” Jordan giggled and looked at his father, who smiled and nodded in approval before setting down mine and Shawn’s drinks.

                “Where’d that one go?” Chris asked curiously. “The bathroom,” Shane mumbled and set his menu down. “But he’ll probably just have his usual order. So will I.” Chris glanced at me and I gave him my order.

                “So you’re dating Shawn?” he asked me and I nodded. He reached down and picked Jordan up again. He covered the little boy’s ears and grinned. “Just don’t do anything with him that you wouldn’t want Jesus to see. The last thing we need in this world are more little fuckers that look like the twins.”

                He uncovered Jordan’s ears as Shane rolled his eyes. “B-Be q-q-quiet Uncle Chris.” Chris glanced at him and frowned. “You okay Shane?” Shane nodded slowly. “Yea, I’m o-okay.” Chris shot him a disbelieving look before leaving to get our food.

                “Luna, I’m s-sorry I k-k-kissed you the other d-day,” he said and cleared his throat. “Shane, I’m not,” I said seriously. “But you’re dating Sh-Shawn,” he said, frowning deeply.

                “Shane…he’s not a good person. I overheard him this morning talking to Type. He said it again, how he only dated me so that you wouldn’t,” I said softly and his face dropped. His eyes exploded into pain. “You misunderstood him, L-Luna. He wouldn’t s-say th-th-hat,” he whispered.

                “He did, Shane. I wouldn’t lie about it,” I said silently. He slapped his hands over his ears and shook his head desperately. “Shut the fuck u-u-up. He wouldn’t say th-th-hat!” he cried.

                I noticed Shawn coming and sipped on my drink silently. “Shane? Are you okay?” Shawn asked in concern. Shane removed his hands from his ears and nodded slowly. “Yea, Sh-Shawn,” he lied quietly as Shawn sat down next to me again. “I’m fine.”

                I suddenly realized how hard this was going to be. Shane didn’t want to believe that Shawn could hurt him, because Shawn was his twin brother. If Shawn could lie to him and hurt him like that, he would feel like he didn’t have anyone there for him anymore. But I would be there for him. I looked at the shy, stuttering boy across from me, and knew that I would be there for him no matter what and that I would find some way to expose his brother’s true nature to him.