Twice The Love, Twice The Hate. I Just Had To Fall For Twins. {6}

Shane and I were standing in the halls the next day at school. Luna was talking to Newt and Shane was staring at her. I mentally sighed. “Hey Shane?” I asked quietly.

                He turned his full attention to me. “Yea Shawn?” I sighed for effect and glanced at the ground. “Remember what you told me last night about Luna?” He nodded slowly. I fidgeted.

                “I like her too.”

                Shane allowed his hair to fall into his eyes. He did that to cover his emotions. It was a trick he and I had picked up from our dad as little kids. I waited, trying to look nervous and guilty. But inside, I knew what his response would be.

                “O-Oh. Um, you can date her Sh-Shawn.” He gave me a small smile and pushed his hair out of his eyes. “You’ll make her happy.”

                “Thanks Shane. Love you little bro,” I said and gave him a quick hug. He kept his gaze on the ground. I knew Shane would give her up without a fight. Shane and I never fought. I got what I wanted. If I wanted a girl, I got her. Shane didn’t.

                It was better for him.

                I was just protecting him. No one else was going to do it, so I made it my responsibility. I refused to let anything or anyone hurt Shane. This girl would hurt him. I would gladly take the pain and spare Shane from it.

                Now I just had to get her, use her, and ditch her.

                                                                                                ***Luna’s POV***

                “Shane’s watching you.”

                I blushed. “Newt, stop it!” I grumbled. She rolled her eyes. “Well, he is.” She paused and glanced over my shoulder. “Never mind, Shawn’s got his attention. Sheesh, Shawn is such an ass.”

                I turned around and watched them. Shawn said something and Shane’s head dropped in defeat. What was Shawn saying to him? Shane eventually looked up with a sad look on his face. Shawn wasn’t paying attention to him anymore though.

                The warning bell rang and Newt and I went to first period. First period seemed to go by really slow. Probably because I was going to see Shane next period. Gah. Stupid time. Keeping me from seeing Shane’s adorable face!

                The bell finally rang and Newt and I went to study hall. I watched the door eagerly until Shane entered. The sad look in his eyes made him look even more adorable. Like a sad little angel.

                “Shane!” I called, waving him over. He hesitated for a second before coming over and sitting down with us. Newt pouted but I ignored her and turned to Shane.

                “What’s wrong? You look really sad,” I said with a frown. He forced a small smile. “Nothing. I’m just tired,” he lied. I frowned even more and he avoided my eyes.

                “Tired? Or hung over?” Newt asked with an accusing glare. Shane’s cheeks turned a light shade of pink and he played with his lip ring again. “Tired,” he confirmed. I was trying to figure out if Newt was just being mean or if she was serious. Was Shane really the type to get drunk? He looked so innocent!

                Well, no. Not innocent. That was the wrong word. He didn’t look innocent or naïve. He looked like he had been through a lot in his life. His eyes seemed to give away a tragic past. I was suddenly burning with curiosity. What could have possibly happened to Shane and Shawn that had made Shane so frightened and Shawn so angry?

                “Hey Shane, want to hang out at my place after school?” I asked pleasantly when Newt got up to sharpen her pencil. “Um, sure. Is it alright if Shawn comes too?” He blushed again. “Sorry! That was really rude. It’s just…you know…he’s my twin brother and I would feel bad if I…” His voice trailed off.

                I laughed. “Yea, that’s fine,” I said with a reassuring smile. I had only known him for a day and I could already tell you had to be gentle and reassuring towards Shane.

                “Thanks,” he said with his shy smile as he played with his lip ring again. “Awesome! Where are we going to meet up after 9th period? Unless you and Shawn and switching places again.” His smile slipped a little and his eyes got a guilty look. “No, we’re not switching,” he said quietly.

                “Um, do you remember where my locker is?” I nodded. “We can meet there if you want?” he offered and I smiled. “Awesome!” Newt sat down and began to write on a paper. I began to work on homework from first period.

                A few minutes later, I got bored and turned back to Shane. He was drawing some weird symbol. “What’s that?” I asked curiously.

                Shane jumped a little and played with his lip ring. “My dad was in a band when he was my age. This was their symbol. I just always thought it was cool.” I looked at it and nodded. “It is cool!”

                I looked up at him, remembering his mom. “Uh, no offense Shane, but your mom looks really young.” He blushed again and nodded. “Yea. She had Shawn and I when she was 15.” He looked up suddenly. “Oh, but she’s a really good mom!” he added, a bit defensively.

                I laughed. “I wasn’t trying to say that. I was just saying she’s young. Teenage parents can be just as good as adult ones.” He smiled. “Yea. Most people think that just because she’s a teenage parent, she’s a bad parent. I don’t like it when people say that about my mom.”

                “I wouldn’t like it either if I were you,” I agreed. “People shouldn’t be that judgmental.” He nodded in agreement. The bell rang and I waved to Shane before walking with Newt.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A.N.- I'm uploading this story really fast to get to the chapters I never put up on Quizilla so that people that already read some of this story don't have to wait too long for new material :p Just so you guys know, aha :p